Today we have Judy Thomas and Marianne Arkins of Goddess Fish Promotions visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about you two?
* Judy has a college degree in English and she’s worked in retail, education, at her local library as well as an editor for a small press and for the now defunct ShadowKeep Ezine. She’s also a published author so can see things from both sides of the fence. In 2013, she “retired” and now spends her days helping authors make their dream come true—as well as working as much as she can with her local theater group.
* Grammar freak and coffee lover, Marianne wrote her first novel at ten years old, built her first commercial website in 2000, and published for the first time in 2006. She worked as a professional editor for just over a year, and knows what it’s like to write, edit and promote a book on a budget.
Find them here…
Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Website
A look into Goddess Fish Promotions
* Welcome to the Goddess Fish Promotions Tenth Anniversary Month Long Celebration!
* Who is Goddess Fish Promotions? And what do we do? We’re glad you asked!
* Goddess Fish Promotions was established October 14, 2008. Why? Well, when Marianne became a published author and got her the first taste of trying to promote a book on a budget, there was only one other virtual book tour company in place at the time, and their fees were simply too high for a small press author. After coordinating and running her own tour, she knew other authors could use the same service for a reasonable price. Thus, Goddess Fish Promotions was born.
* Because both Judy and Marianne were authors and editors prior to running Goddess Fish Promotions, they approach the business with a unique point of view, and treat their clients how they would expect to be treated.
* We didn’t want your visit here to be dry and boring, so we decided to have a poetry competition and put what we do into verse. Here are the initial entries:
* Roses are Red.
* Violets are Blue.
* I’m awful at poetry.
* We can edit your book
* find things you didn’t see
* It will be fun to look
* at the changes from me.
* Yeah, for some reason, Judy won!
* Even better, her poem is correct. We DO offer editing as one of our options. Here are a couple of testimonials from clients:
* I worked with Marianne on a complete edit and was very happy with the results. Her feedback was clear, easy to follow, and she probed on things I hadn’t thought of. She was also responsive whenever I had questions and helped me work through a few issues. Her feedback and guidance improved the quality of my manuscript, all at a very fair price. I’m working on my next book and plan to use their services again. – J B Glazer, author, In Search of Mr. Anonymous
* Choosing the right editor for a project is incredibly important to an author. Let’s face it, we want the best for our books. When I was considering editors for my first indie-published book, Regenerate, I naturally thought of Goddess Fish Promotions–and I’m so glad I did.
* Marianne Arkins and Judy Thomas are incredibly attentive and professional during the entire editing process. Their input was invaluable and the story is much stronger because they cared enough to help unsnarl plot points and find order in the chaos.
* I can’t wait to work with them again. Truly, a top-notch editorial team! – Sarita Leone, award-winning author of Regenerate
* We also offer Virtual Book Tours, Graphic Design, Social Media Promotion and more. You can see more testimonials here.
* We hope you enjoyed getting to know us a little (more information is below) and we’d like to do the same. We’d LOVE to see a little poem that tells us a bit about you in the comments. We’ll be awarding random book giveaways and $5 Amazon GCs to some of the best poetry we find. It might not be at every stop, but when something really makes us smile, we’ll reward it! Come on, be daring…
~ Interview ~
If money were no object, where would you like to live?
* Judy: I would have a house on the Outer Banks and a house on the Florida coast (I have one out of two)
* Marianne: I can’t choose just one place… I’d really like to live in several places. I could hemisphere hop so I’d live in perpetual summer…
Do you ever wish you were someone else? Who?
* Judy: I’m happy being me, but if I could get thinner and wealthier, I would be okay with that.
* Marianne: Not really. My life is pretty okay. Like Judy, and little less flab, a little more cash wouldn’t be turned away.
What did you do on your last birthday?
* Judy: My husband bought me a smart watch.. I love it. I think we went out to eat, but I’ve slept since then, so I’m not sure.
* Marianne: Had lunch out with my mom and kid. Really, we don’t do anything for birthdays much in my family. :: shrugs ::
Do you have any tattoos? Where? When did you get it/them? Where are they on your body?
* Judy: No tats. I’ve seen some on people once they’ve gotten older and decided that I’m not that crazy for permanent adornment. What I like now, I may not like in 10 years, and then where would I be?
* Marianne: Nope. Never had the urge. I have a sister who’s tatted from head to toe (almost literally) so she’s got enough for all of my family.
Thank you for joining us here today! It was a pleasure getting to know you.
ANNOUNCEMENT! A chance to win ~ For Everyone: One $50 Amazon/BN GC, two $25 Amazon/BN GCs, Two $10 Amazon/BN GCs! So be sure to leave a comment/poem AND use this RAFFLECOPTER LINK to enter the drawing. Also, For Authors: 2 $10 GC for any Goddess Fish Promotions service, Winner’s choice of either a free blurb blitz (2 wk) or book blast (5 day), 50% off any tour (excludes Review tour or Full Service Tour), 4 free 25 page complete book edit, 2 Winner’s choice of teaser or social media cover graphic design! Use this RAFFLECOPTER LINK to enter the drawing. Don’t forget to visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!
4 thoughts on “party with Goddess Fish Promotions – Tenth Anniversary! #celebration #Interview @GoddessFish”
Thanks for hosting us! Readers, if you can only keep 3 apps on your phone, what are they?
Wonderful post, I enjoyed reading it 🙂
Thank you ❤