Today we have author Cecile Tellier visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Cecile Tellier enjoys writing romance of many genres. She lives with her two children and is married to her very own steamfitter in Upstate NY.
A look into Heat Sink in the Down and Dirty anthology
~ Blurb ~
* Christian Harrington went to work every day as a steamfitter at the local nuclear energy plant with some expectation of danger. When Christian meets fiery bartender Roxy McVee he quickly realizes he may have met his match. Unfortunately, Christian is not the only person with their sights set on Roxy.
* Roxy McVee had wanted a fresh start. Slinging drinks and telling jokes at the local bar in Upstate NY seemed like a great way to go. Her decision is rewarded when serious but sexy as hell Christian Harrington walked into the bar with his friends after work. Roxy’s immediate reaction to him leads her to become comfortable around him. Unfortunately, the reason for Roxy’s move proves that the saying that the things one resist, persist is true. Roxy and Christian must navigate a potentially deadly landmine in the form of one very dangerous visitor from her past.
~ Excerpt ~
* “I actually love most food, and I’m not a vegetarian. Do you cook for ladies often? Never mind. You don’t have to answer that. I don’t even know why I asked.” Shaking her head, Roxy could feel her face flush. Why did she asked such a personal question?
* “I don’t mind answering. You’re the first non-relative female I’ve cooked for, or invited over for that matter. I work a lot. It doesn’t leave me a lot of time to host get-togethers with the fairer sex.” His wry expression caused goosebumps to rise over her arms.
* “Well, I’m glad I happened to meet you at the right time, then.” Roxy was unused to the butterflies floating around in her stomach at his response.
* “What about you? I know what Manny said, but I’m assuming you’ve got a pretty steady stream of date offers.” Christian plate before putting a bite in his mouth.
* “I do, but you’re actually the first I’ve accepted in a few years.” She followed suit by eating some of her lasagna.
* “Why did you accept mine?” His voice was soft, and he was no longer eating but watching her closely.
* “I…it’s hard to explain. You felt right. I don’t mean in the literal sense. You just weren’t someone I wanted to say no to.” She took another bite out of nervousness, but closed her eyes at the taste of melted ricotta and paremsian cheese blending with the perfectly cooked lasagna noodles and a red sauce she would bet was home made.
* “This is amazing by the way.” Changing the subject seemed like the best choice at the time. Roxy wasn’t comfortable with spilling her guts on the first date, even if she meant everything she’d said.
* “Thank you, I watched a video on how to make my own sauce. The rest is pretty easy.” He shrugged but took another bite.
* They ate the rest of their meal, talking about their respective work.
* “Do you get a lot of Homer Simpson jokes when you tell people you work at nuclear reactors?” Roxy helped him load the dishwasher and accepted the cold beer he offered.
* “No, mainly because I don’t actually work in the operation of it. I’m there to make sure their systems that create and carry the steam power through the reactor stay safe and functional. Most of the time, I’m in there is for planned maintenance or during shutdowns for renovations.”
* “Well, that makes sense then. Do you like donuts, though?” Roxy couldn’t resist.
* Christian laughed and nodded. “I do, in fact like donuts, but I don’t eat them much. Want to see something great?”
* Before Roxy could agree, he was leading her upstairs to an open loft area that led to one of the wraparound deck doors. Once outside, they were treated to a full view of the moon and stars in the night sky.
* “Wow, that’s beautiful. Do you spend a lot of time out here?” Roxy leaned against the railing and inhaled the smell of lilacs growing around the property.
* Christian put his hands on either side of her on the deck and spoke from behind her. “I do, it’s where I recalibrate myself.”
* “Oh, talk steamfitter to me.” Roxy shivered but pressed back so that her back was flush against his chest and pressed against him rather than just caged by his arms.
* “Hmm, fire caulk…” Christian’s arms wrapped around her and she felt his chin rested on the top of her head.
* Roxy erupted into giggles and hugged his arms to her. “You’re the whole package aren’t you Christian?”
* “I don’t know what you mean.” Christian nuzzled her ear, the tingles moving from the affected part down her body to less directly involved places.
* “You work hard, you’re talented, you’re smart, and you have a sense of humor. What’s your downside?” She pushed into his wayward mouth and bit her lip.
* Christian nibbled on her earlobe and murmured, “Most likely that I’m slow to decide things but when I do want something I’m pretty laser focused.”
* The vibration of his voice against her skin pulled an involuntary moan from her lips. “I would say that’s a bonus in most things.”
* “You’d have to let me know, since I’m focused on you.” Roxy shivered hard at the words and arched back against him.
* “I’d say from where I’m standing, it’s pretty fuckin awesome.”
~ Down and Dirty anthology ~
* Get in, get down…and get filthy with these sexy, hardworking, blue-collar heroes who don’t mind when things get a little dirty while at work or at play. This collection of 22 brand new stories from USA Today and International Best-Selling authors is full of scorching hot romance tales that will be sure to leave you breathless for more. These men work hard, and play even harder.
* From cops to mechanics, and miners to brewmasters, they aren’t afraid to go all in. At the end of the day, when they find the woman who completes them, they learn that love and life can be just as messy as their day job…and they wouldn’t have it any other way.
* Featuring stories from: Lori King, Maia Dylan, Sarah Marsh, Elena Kincaid, Cecile Tellier, London Saint James, Bella Settara, Rose Nickol, RL Merrill, Ashley Malkin, Lucy Felthouse, Scarlett J. Rose, Sydney Lea, CR Moss, Samantha A. Cole, Danielle James, Ava Campbell, Eva Moore, Kimberlie L. Faye, Sabrina Sol, Nikki Prince, and Mia Hopkins! Visit the Facebook Page
Thank you for joining us here today, Cecile Tellier! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.