Today we have author Maia Dylan visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I write the kind of books that I love to read. Love stories between strong men and their independent soulmates. Usually, their path to Happily Ever After is a bumpy one, but there is always a Happy Ever After.
* In the world’s I create there is someone (or two, or three) for everyone! Love comes in many forms and I believe it is all beautiful and should be celebrated!
* I live, love and write in New Zealand, married to my husband of eleven years with two beautiful children who I truly believe were sent as a blessing, but sometimes to try my patience, and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
A look into Scout’s Honor in the Down and Dirty anthology
~ Blurb ~
* As the manager of an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico, the safety of the men under his control was the most important thing to Cooper. That was until Dr. Honor Jennings stepped from a helicopter and proceeded to show him that playing it safe wasn’t always the best way forward.
* When Honor arrived onboard the rig, she was fully prepared to uncover the safety breaches an anonymous source had advised her were taking place. She was completely unprepared for her reaction to the rig manager. The cold-blooded murder she witnessed came as a downright shock!
* Can Cooper keep Honor safe with a murderer on the loose and a storm keeping them isolated from the mainland, or will the risk prove too much and cost them everything?
~ Excerpt ~
* “Don’t be a prick, Greg.” Honor could hear the snarl in her own voice and didn’t give a shit. Her Irish heritage wasn’t just responsible for her hair and her coloring. It was a healthy contributor to her fiery nature and quick temper, too. “We both know you have no authority or right to freeze wages. If you think the guys on this rig are going to pay any attention whatsoever to your over inflated ego and blustering, you really are as thick as Mr. Cooper said you are.”
* Greg’s gaze slid to her and glared. “Honor, you’re here at our request to satisfy the curiosity of our board, and no other reason.” He slid a knowing glance at Joey. “Perhaps you might find something else to hold your attention while we are out here and let me and my team take care of this mess. I know from personal experience, you aren’t above taking some time out on the job and seeking, shall we say, a more intimate knowledge of those you are working with.”
* Honor felt the heat rise in her cheeks, and cursed that particular aspect of her heritage, but she refused to give this bastard the satisfaction of seeing her wilt beneath his accusation. She felt the man next to her tense, and could tell Cooper was about to say something. Never one to let another fight her battles, Honor stepped forward.
* “For Christ’s sake, Greg…” Honor heard the contempt in her own tone. “If you want everyone in the room to know you and I fucked once, just say it. Innuendo was never one of your strong points, and apparently good taste in men was never one of mine.” Joey’s quick laugh morphed into a cough. “Putting aside my little mistake, and yes, I do mean little, investigating this morning’s incident and getting to the bottom of exactly what is going on here will more than hold my attention. I’m not here at JPG’s request, and your board did everything they could to ensure I wasn’t on that chopper, yet here I am. And why is that? Because the Ocean Energy Safety Institute has a state mandate to investigate health and safety violations in this industry at sea. So I would suggest you pull up your big boy panties and deal with it. This rig will remain under a stop-work until the OESI and Mr. Cooper are satisfied.”
* Honor kept the fact someone had been anonymously sending inspection outcomes and incident summaries to the OESI for the past few weeks to herself. She had no desire to see someone who was trying to do the right thing get punished for it.
* Greg’s face had turned an interesting shade of purple. “Remember you’re walking a very thin line with the OESI yourself, Dr. Jennings. But there is one thing we can agree on. The sooner we get started, the sooner we can get the hell off this rig and back to civilization.”
* “Then why don’t we start with the site inspection.” Cooper spoke from beside her, and when Honor turned to look at him, she was thankful to see he was no longer scowling at her. Her breath caught once more at how spectacularly hot he was.
* He had golden eyes the color of honey, surrounded with thick, long lashes any woman would have coveted. High cheekbones, square jaw with the right amount of stubble, and despite the hardhat he wore, she could see his black hair was thick. Cooper wore a set of coveralls that had SCOUT DRILLING embroidered on the left side, but they did little to detract from his broad shoulders, sculpted chest, and narrow hips. Hell, even the oil that marred the coveralls looked sexy on the man.
* “That sounds like a great place to start,” Honor agreed, ignoring the fact she felt a little breathless.
* “So, why don’t you follow me, Mr. Frederickson and clones, and we’ll see about getting you the correct PPE,” Joey announced, walking to the internal door on the opposite side of the room. “We shouldn’t compound the issues we have on the Discovery by not following protocol and wearing the correct protective personal equipment now should we.”
* Greg and the other two men followed Joey, and from the stiff way Greg walked out of the room, she knew he was pissed and couldn’t help the wave of satisfaction that rolled through her.
* Cooper huffed a laugh, and she turned back to look at him. The grin on his face had heat pooling within her. “I have gotta ask: What the hell was a woman like you doing with an asshole like him?”
* Honor grinned back and shrugged her shoulders. “I thought Greg was quite specific, but if you’re asking me how the hell it happened? Well, we all make mistakes, right? Mine happens to be a six foot, narcissistic asshole who works in the same industry as I do, and is currently through that door pulling on coveralls, steel caps, and a hard hat.”
* Cooper looked at her for a long time. “You handled his bullshit though. I was going to punch him in the face with the intention of breaking his nose.”
* Honor laughed. “Effective, but potentially career limiting. I’m not sure what the powers that be at Scout Drilling would have to say about it, but I think there might be laws or policies against laying out a senior manager of the petroleum company you’re under contract with.”
* The door opened, and the others stepped into the room. “Let’s get this over with. I want to be back on the mainland as soon as possible. I hate these goddamn submersibles.”
* Cooper’s gaze hadn’t moved from her. “And yet the compulsion remains strong, and I can’t help thinking it could be worth the punishment.” He turned back to face the JPG team. “Follow me.”
~ Down and Dirty anthology ~
* Get in, get down…and get filthy with these sexy, hardworking, blue-collar heroes who don’t mind when things get a little dirty while at work or at play. This collection of 22 brand new stories from USA Today and International Best-Selling authors is full of scorching hot romance tales that will be sure to leave you breathless for more. These men work hard, and play even harder.
* From cops to mechanics, and miners to brewmasters, they aren’t afraid to go all in. At the end of the day, when they find the woman who completes them, they learn that love and life can be just as messy as their day job…and they wouldn’t have it any other way.
* Featuring stories from: Lori King, Maia Dylan, Sarah Marsh, Elena Kincaid, Cecile Tellier, London Saint James, Bella Settara, Rose Nickol, RL Merrill, Ashley Malkin, Lucy Felthouse, Scarlett J. Rose, Sydney Lea, CR Moss, Samantha A. Cole, Danielle James, Ava Campbell, Eva Moore, Kimberlie L. Faye, Sabrina Sol, Nikki Prince, and Mia Hopkins! Visit the Facebook Page
Thank you for joining us here today, Maia Dylan! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.