Today we have author Gale Stanley visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Gale Stanley grew up in Philadelphia PA. She was the kid who always had her nose in a book, her head in the clouds, and her hands on a pad and pencil.
* Some things never change.
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* Ray Miller finds his calling in the Army, but an explosion in Afghanistan takes his left eye and his career. Set adrift, he turns to alcohol, until an old army buddy shows up and offers Ray a job. Now Ray has a secret identity. He puts his combat skills to use as Cyclops, a paid assassin who rids the government of bad guys.
* Then, one day a chance meeting sets off sparks, and Ray falls for a man who could destroy him. Hooking up with a cop is reckless, but the sex rocks Ray’s world. How long can he hide his secrets before the hitman becomes the target?
~ Excerpt ~
* Mission accomplished. A simple in and out job, take aim at the target and pull the trigger. Now it was time to vanish, lie low and keep my head down. I usually played by the rules, but tonight I didn’t want to be alone. Danger is an aphrodisiac and I was one anxious horndog. I didn’t sniff trouble in the wind, so I went to Jared’s apartment, where I could keep my head down and suck his cock at the same time.
* My digital car clock said three am when I pulled into a dark spot behind Jared’s building. He’d be asleep, so I let myself in with the key he’d given me. I shed my clothes in the living room and left them on the floor. I wanted to slip into bed beside Jared and surprise him. Quiet as a church mouse, I opened the bedroom door. A floorboard creaked as I stepped over the threshold. The light came on, blinding me for a few seconds.
* Jared sat up and looked daggers at me. “Do you know what time it is, Ray?”
* I grinned sheepishly. “Time to get busy?”
* “What were you doing until 3 am?”
* “Missing you.”
* “Right.” Jared threw a pillow at me. “Go home, Ray.”
* I picked up the pillow and walked over to the bed. “Don’t be such a sourpuss.” I tucked the pillow behind his back. Yawning, I scrubbed a hand through my regulation cut, two inches of hair on the top of my head, and tapered down the sides and back. I like to leave a little for Jared to pull on. The thought made my dick even harder.
* Jared lay down and put an arm over his face. “I have to get up for work in a few hours. Lock the door on your way out.”
* I sat on the bed and slid my hand under the sheet. Jared’s limp dick didn’t budge when I made contact. Damn, he really was pissed. “Okay, go to sleep. I’ll just lie next to you.”
* “I don’t want you here, Ray.”
* My temper rose, but I tamped it down. I have a short fuse but I try to lengthen it around Jared. A few slow deep breaths calmed me down. I pulled Jared’s arm back and stared at his face. His eyes were closed and it was hard to tell if he meant what he said. “Look at me, babe.”
* Reluctantly, he opened his eyes. God, he was gorgeous. Honey brown hair framed high cheekbones and emerald green eyes. “Come on, babe, you know you don’t mean it.”
* Jared and I had been together for eight months, and I’d gotten used to having a steady fuck, or as steady as it could be in my line of work. I didn’t see Jared as much as he would have liked, and the longer we were together, the harder it was to explain my absences. But, nothing worthwhile came easy and I was determined to keep him. I liked knowing Jared was there when I needed him. And right then, I needed him bad.
Thank you for joining us here today, Gale Stanley! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.