Today we have author Karin Rita Gastreich visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Karin Rita Gastreich writes stories of ordinary women and the extraordinary paths they choose. She lives in Kansas City, Missouri, where she is part of the biology faculty at Avila University. An ecologist by vocation, Karin has wandered forests and wildlands all her life. Her pastimes include camping, hiking, music, and flamenco dance. In addition to THE SILVER WEB trilogy, Karin has published short stories in World Jumping, Zahir, Adventures for the Average Woman, and 69 Flavors of Paranoia. She is a recipient of the Spring 2011 Andrews Forest Writer’s Residency.
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* Betrayed by her own prodigy, Eolyn stands accused of treason. As power-hungry nobles dismantle her life’s work and honor, the desperate queen forges a risky alliance with the ruthless and cunning Mage Corey. Determined to defend her son’s claim to the throne of the Mage King, Eolyn prepares for her last and greatest battle, this time against her own sisters in magic.
* Across the Furma River, Taesara of Roenfyn is drawn out of seclusion and into an ever-more vicious game of intrigue and war. Subject to the schemes of a shrewd uncle and the mysterious ambitions of the wizards of Galia, Taesara struggles to assert her own destiny, even as she takes up arms to defend her daughter’s inheritance.
* In the climactic finale to The Silver Web trilogy, threads of love, honor, betrayal, and vengeance culminate in a violent conflict between powerful women, opposed to each other yet destined to shatter a thousand-year cycle of war.
* “A tale of female oppression, prejudice, and even deadly seduction, EOLYN touches on issues that are deeply relevant to our own society.” -Apex Reviews review of EOLYN, Book One of the Silver Web
* “The story’s greatest triumph is Gastreich’s prose, a consistent blend of lyrical verse and dark imageray….Lush, evocative descriptions carry readers through an unforgettable journey.” –Kirkus Reviews review of SWORD OF SHADOWS, Book Two of The Silver Web”
~ Excerpt ~
* Eolyn shifted in her seat. A thousand words stood poised upon her lips, of which only a handful could be chosen and delivered. Each conversation in the coming days had to be undertaken with great care, especially when it came to this mage.
* “Why did Thelyn come for us, and not you?” she asked.
* “I was needed to track down the magas still residing in the City,” Corey replied. “Besides, Thelyn was the better mage for that task.”
* Mariel, she thought. He would not have had the heart to bind Mariel.
* A small sign, perhaps, that Mage Corey could yet be counted among her friends.
* “I understand you are to oversee their interrogation,” Eolyn said.
* “It is true, my Lady Queen.”
* “I have expressed my concerns about this to the King. He assures me that you and your mages will not be permitted to—”
* “My Lady Queen, if there is one thing you have learned in the years of our friendship, it is that I will do whatever must be done in the moment at hand, and I will harden my heart to see it through.”
* “That may be the case, Mage Corey. Yet I also know that words are your most effective tool. You have never resorted to violence to obtain what you require.”
* Corey let her statement hang in the air.
* Eolyn averted her gaze, suddenly aware of the icy tension in her hands.
* I, too, am being interrogated.
* “You did not bring a scribe,” she said quietly.
* “What need have I for a scribe, my Lady Queen?” He softened his tone. “We are, as of yet, simply conversing.”
The first book of the series, EOLYN, will be a FREE download on Kindle only on May 1.
Thank you for joining us here today, Karin Rita Gastreich! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Karin Rita Gastreich will be awarding a $10 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use this RAFFLECOPTER LINK to enter the drawing. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!