Today we have author Anna Durand visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Anna Durand is an award-winning romance writer specializing in steamy romances populated with spunky heroines and hunky heroes, in settings as diverse as modern Chicago and the fairy realm. Her romances have to date won eight awards and her novel Intuition was a 2016 RONE Award nominee, while her short story Tempted by a Kiss was a finalist in The Romance Reviews 2016 Readers’ Choice Awards. Anna also maintains a blog, Spunk & Hunks, where she writes her own articles and reviews romance books, as well as hosting wonderful guest authors.
Today Anna Durand will be talking about the best piece of writing advice she’s ever received and how it helped her.
* The best advice was to just keep writing. If one book doesn’t work, if it doesn’t find an audience, another one just might. I can’t remember where that advice came from, but it has stuck with me and encouraged me to keep plugging. “Keep writing” doesn’t have to mean write a fast or write five books a year. It simply means you keep working—try new genres, experiment with new kinds of stories, continue growing as a writer.
* Even as a published writer, you need to be willing to try new things. You never know what might hit a chord with readers. I resisted branching out into erotic romance, even though I love reading smoking-hot stories, but when I finally took the risk it paid off for me. My first erotic romance, the short story Tempted by a Kiss, became my best-reviewed book. Now, with Dangerous in a Kilt, I’ve gone full tilt into the subgenre with no regrets.
* And yep, I plan to just keep on writing!
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* Good-girl Erica Teague is out on bail, charged with a crime her ex-lover committed. Her desperate bid to experience one wild night of sizzling sex, before her trial and certain conviction, lands her in the arms of Lachlan MacTaggart, a hot Scot with a secret past. She can’t resist his offer to enjoy one month of sex and companionship with no strings. But when their hot fling gets personal, can their passion free their imprisoned hearts?
~ Excerpt ~
* Cliff smiled. “Morning, neighbor.”
* Stonewashed blue jeans hugged his hips and another tight T-shirt, this time jade green, stretched over his chiseled chest. The leash fell from my hand.
* Casey flung his front paws onto Cliff’s thighs. The man I’d kissed last night scratched my dog behind the ears. Casey, ebullient at the attention, licked Cliff’s arm.
* My fantasy Highlander’s smile faltered. “Aren’t you happy to see me?”
* Happy? Seriously? I snagged Casey’s collar and dragged him away from Cliff. “Are you stalking me?”
* “Stalking?” He scratched his cheek. “I thought to follow you last night to make sure you were all right, but you took off so bloody fast. Might not believe it, but I am an honorable man.”
* A panicked laugh hiccupped out of me. “Honorable? Stalking is a crime, buddy.”
* My terrifying guard dog hopped up and down on his front feet, his tongue lolling.
* “Erica.” Cliff raised his hands, palms out. “I’m trying to be friendly.”
* “Go creep out some other random girl you hunted down online.” I pushed Casey out of the doorway with my foot and pulled the door halfway closed. “Leave me alone, Cliff.”
* I slammed the door. Casey whined.
* “Forget it.” I wagged a finger at him. “Stalkers bad. Dog bite stalkers. Got it? No licking.”
* My Highlander’s voice resounded through the door. “Who the bloody hell is Cliff?”
Thank you for joining us here today, Anna Durand! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Anna Durand will be awarding a $20 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use this RAFFLECOPTER LINK to enter the drawing. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!