Today we have author Donna Del Oro visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Donna is a retired high school English teacher and is finally able to fulfill her dream of writing fiction. She lives in Northern California with her husband and three cats. When she’s not writing novels, she’s singing with the Sacramento Valley Chorus or traveling with her husband. Life is good and she feels very blessed.
Today Donna Del Oro will be talking about how she handles balancing life and writing.
* I try to keep everything in my life in balance: Hobbies, writing, my personal life with my husband, spending time with my grown son and daughter and my two grandsons. I need a lot of time to myself, and my husband–bless him!–understands that. He disappears during the day and does his thing while I do my thing. We’ve been married almost fifty years and we’ve always given each other space and freedom to pursue our own interests. We’re not joined at the hip like some married couples I know, but we come together in the evening and share our day. We like to travel together, of course, because we are easy to please and self-reliant. Because we have a good time together, we’ve been all over the world.
* When I feel overwhelmed, I just take a month off from writing to spend more time with my barbershop chorus, to take long walks with friends, to spend time with family, to paint and take art classes or simply to read LOTS OF BOOKS.
* This tour is featuring the Jake Bernstein FBI Series LIES IN WAIT, Book Two of the FBI series will be out January 4, 2017, and the 3rd book will be attached a few months after.
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* A riveting blend of romantic thriller, mystery and WWII espionage that spans sixty years of lies. England’s secret service agency MI5 recruits Jewish-American FBI analyst Jake Bernstein to go undercover and investigate an elderly, naturalized American grandmother, suspected of being a notorious Nazi spy wanted for war crimes during WWII. Jake runs into a series of complications: This spy knows a secret that could endanger the British royal family; Jake’s attraction to the old woman’s beautiful granddaughter; a ruthless and violent Irish neo-Nazi group is tracking him; and a clever, cagey old lady stands in the way of justice. His priority shifts from finding the evidence to staying alive!
~ Excerpt ~
* Breakfast in the hotel dining room was to be served at 7 a.m.. Next stop: Cardiff, the capital of Wales, then their ferry ride to Ireland. He’d finally looked over the itinerary. The motor coach would be leaving that afternoon, after a tour and lunch in Bath. A quick perusal of the day’s agenda showed him they had the afternoon free to wander around Bath and do some shopping. Maybe he could invite Meg and her grandmother to spend some time with him.
* Still drowsy with sleep, he looked over at the pillow next to his. Visualizing Meg lying there, her lush hair with all its variegated blonde hues fanned out, stirred him. The erection he’d awakened with grew harder; not surprising, he thought, considering his celibacy of late. Strictly his choice, despite the offers tossed his way.
* The opportunities had been there and he’d ignored them, stubborn man that he was. Even late last night, when the two New Jersey sisters had called and invited him to a private party in Hank’s room. He’d declined tactfully.
* At thirty-two years old, he found himself holding out for more.
* Stupid fool, he scolded himself. Or as the Brits would say, sodding wanker! Or something to that effect. He should learn to take it when it was offered to him on a platter, free of charge. All he had to do was be nice to a girl for a few hours, promise to call her, and then…
* Ah, but as Grandpa Nate would say, “nussing is free in dis vorld”.
* Dreams of Meg had plagued him—rather entertained him—all night. Even now, recalling how her small, plump breasts bounced up and down while she ran alongside him, how her long ponytail swung back and forth, filled him with unbridled lust. The one time they’d stopped at the Roman ruins, they’d let their arms brush together. Neither had pulled away. Just that light touch had flooded his insides with longing. She appeared to feel the same. She’d flushed to the roots of her hair and after that, had touched him in some small way every chance she got. Each touch was electric, sizzling!
* What he liked about her was her total lack of coyness or flirtatiousness. Meg was straightforward, without guile; she wasn’t playing games. He could read the honesty in her face when she told him about her breakup with the ex-fiancé and her distrust of men and their empty promises and vows. All lies, she’d mused with just a hint of bitterness. She’d finally come to accept the reality of men.
* Or some men, she’d amended, adding quickly that she’d apologize if she was offending him. No, he’d said; I agree with you. Most men lie through their teeth. It’s a guy thing.
* That admission had elicited a small, rueful laugh from both of them. And she’d let her arm brush his again, as if to reassure him. He was different, she was saying.
* No, I’m not, he’d wanted to say. I’m a liar, an impostor. And you’re going to hate me when this is all over.
Buy The Jake Bernstein FBI series here…
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | thewildrosepress.com
Find Donna Del Oro here…
eMail | Website
Thank you for joining us here today, Donna Del Oro! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Donna Del Oro will be awarding winner’s choice of ebook or print copy of A BODYGUARD OF LIES (print – US only) to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use this RAFFLECOPTER LINK to enter the drawing. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!
One thought on “Welcome to Donna Del Oro w/ #RomanticSuspense #series ‘The Jake Bernstein FBI series’ @GoddessFish”
Thanks for hosting!