Today we have author Regan Black visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
Regan Black, a USA Today bestselling author, writes award-winning, action-packed romantic suspense, paranormal romance, and urban fantasy novels featuring kick-butt heroines and the sexy heroes who fall in love with them. Raised in the Midwest and California, she and her husband currently share their empty nest with two adorably arrogant cats in the South Carolina Lowcountry where the rich blend of legend, romance, and history fuels her imagination.
A look into…
~ Blurbs ~
Stormwatch series blurb:
* The storm sweeps in like a thief in the night… Winter storm Holly is the worst in eighty years bringing high winds, subzero temperatures and snowfall better measured in feet than in inches. The weather paralyzes everything in its path, but in this storm, weather isn’t the only threat.
* A new installment of STORMWATCH releases each Thursday starting December 5 through January 9. Each thrilling full length novel is a standalone story with no cliffhangers. Don’t miss a single one from half a dozen of the genre’s bestselling storytellers!
Black Ice blurb:
* Evelyn Cotton deals poker at the Silver Aces casino in Deadwood to keep the family adventuring business in the black during the off-season. News of the storm barreling closer has the casino packed with locals pushing their luck and travelers who are stranded. When Wyatt Jameson, her high school sweetheart, sits down at her table it’s all she can do to keep her hands to herself. For more than twelve years she’s dreamed of choking the life out of him for running away to the Army without giving her so much as a goodbye kiss.
* Wyatt isn’t back in town for a reunion, though seeing Evie reminds him what sacrifice means. He’s been looking for purpose since an injury ended his Army career. Now, the FBI has recruited him to infiltrate a crew planning to steal a fortune in diamonds, including the famous Mae West Solitaire currently on display at the Silver Aces. The thrill of being needed and the hefty payday if he succeeds easily override the risk of dredging up the old memories and heartache he left behind.
* But when the thieves up their timeline due to the storm, Evie gets caught in the crossfire and Wyatt’s plans are turned upside down. He has to win her over -and fast. Without her expertise they might not survive long enough for him to tell her she’s the woman he’s never stopped loving.
~ Excerpt ~
* Wyatt’s phone buzzed again and he glanced toward the slot machines, looking for the FBI agent posing as a casino guest while watching his back. Agent Noelle Pickering, second in command on her team of four, had been the first to reach out to him about this assignment. She wore an emerald sweater and black slacks, her short blond hair gleaming under the lights. At the moment, her phone was at her ear.
* “What are you up to?” she asked. “We aren’t covering your poker losses.”
* “Didn’t ask you to,” he said. Besides he was modestly ahead at the moment. “Saw an old friend,” he said. It wasn’t like his ties to Evie were a secret.
* “You might want to delay the old flame hookup routine until this is over,” Pickering said.
* “Right.” The FBI had done as much homework on him as they had on their target.
* “We picked up another call on the phone tap. Evelyn Cotton might be part of the Cordell crew.” He barely suppressed the automatic rejection of such an absurd suggestion. If Cordell had contacted Evie it wasn’t because she was interested in helping him steal a fortune in diamonds.
* “Not their first communication,” Pickering continued, as if she could read minds now. “And here she is, a casino employee. Sounds like she’s into him.”
* Bull. That was just mean, even if Pickering was simply relaying facts.
* Tate Cordell was a slick operator, that’s all. He was using Evie somehow. Anyone could change in eleven years—Wyatt was proof—but Evie would never willingly help a criminal. Cordell must be lining her up for backup or a distraction.
Thank you for joining us here today, Regan Black! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! The authors of the Stormwatch series say, “They will be awarding a $20 Amazon/BN GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter each week of the tour!” So be sure to leave a comment AND use this RAFFLECOPTER LINK to enter the drawing. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!