Today we have author Nikki Prince visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Nikki Prince is a mother of two, who’s always had a dream to be a published author in the romance genre. Her passion lies in raising her children as readers, gaming, cooking, reading and her writing. Nikki’s a multi-published author with several epublishing houses. She loves to write Interracial romances in all genres, but wants to let everyone know to not box her in, because there is always room for growth.
* Nikki’s also a member of Romance Writers of America National chapter, Passionate Ink RWA, CIMRWA, and the Rainbow Romance Writers (RRW).
* Nikki would love to hear from you.
Find Nikki Prince here…
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Website
A look into Blurred Lines in the Down and Dirty anthology
~ Blurb ~
* Phaedra Sims had taken the job at the prison to block out the memories in her head as she helps to heal others. Memories of a love that died too soon. Sergeant Rocco De Angelis is a man who has proven his dedication to his job over himself. Phaedra can’t deny the chemistry between them. Rocco plans to make sure she doesn’t. Healing the heart and soothing the soul will definitely be blurring the lines.
~ Excerpt ~
* “Do you want to try that again?”
* Phaedra Sims didn’t look up as she asked the question. She just continued to write on the notepad that she had in her lap as she sat in her office at the California state prison. In order to make those that she spoke to feel comfortable she didn’t use the couch method but had nice comfortable chairs across from each other in a room with soft lighting. Eye to eye so to speak, although being eye to eye with this client always made her nervous, though she hid it. Not in that he scared her, quite the opposite. The tension was from what being in his vicinity and dealing with the intense excitement he generated in her. An excitement that she could ill afford. She was his counselor after all.
* “I don’t need your help,” he said.
* “Is that, right?” Phaedra said simply as she finally glanced up to meet the dreamy sable eyes of Sergeant Rocco de Angelis. She was used to this tactic from him. He’d been in her office more than once at the request of Captain Jackson Brockman. In fact, she’d seen him on and off for the past two years and they’d developed somewhat of a camaraderie albeit tinged with feelings she didn’t want to even think about. He reminded her of Gian Esposito. Gian. The man she’d planned to marry and whose life was cut short.
* And of course, today of all days was when she was missing Gian the most. It should have been the day that they were married. Wouldn’t Gian want her happy? It was easier when she didn’t feel. So, much easier to just work herself until she was tired. Rinse, wash and repeat. Healthy? No. But it was perseverance of the highest order.
* She pushed the thought of Gian to the back of her mind and turned her focus back to the man sitting before her. Being with Rocco De Angelis would be a problem, she had to remind herself of that.
* “Yes, that’s right. I don’t need your help, now just like I didn’t need it a few months ago.”
* Rocco was indeed very strong. However even a strong man like him could use help at times. It was getting him to do it that would be tricky.
* “Captain Brockman seems to think otherwise.”
* “The Captain is worried over nothing. I can deal with what’s happened in this prison over the last two years.”
* “Okay, so tell me this.” Phaedra paused and took of her reading glasses and set them in her lap as she crossed slack covered legs and leaned forward. “The men and women that you oversee, would you do anything for them that you could?”
* Phaedra watched as a blonde brow rose, and he crossed his arms. She knew she’d touched a nerve. Sergeant De Angelis was all about the men and women that were under his care. She’d done her homework on Rocco. He was dedicated to the job and to his men and women. There wasn’t anything he wouldn’t do for them. Yet as impressive as that was even the 6’5, 230 pounds, golden haired and brown eyed, Rocco De Angelis could crumble under pressure. Of course, he didn’t think so. She was there to see that he didn’t crack under pressure as well.
* “Well?” She said softly.
* “You know the answer to that.”
* “I may know it, but I want to hear it from your lips.” Phaedra leaned back in her chair her pen still in hand as she waited for him to talk.
* “I would do whatever it takes for those I work with.” Rocco stated simply.
* “Just as I thought. So, knowing you will do anything for them, then there will be no problem in us meeting and you taking care of yourself.” Phaedra began jotting down some notes on her pad.
* “Counselor Sims, all I need is to do my job, a good beer and some fun between a woman’s thighs.”
* His words managed to dampen her panties and make her wish it was her he was talking about. She cleared her throat and looked up at him. Molten chocolate colored eyes gazed back at her.
* “Distractions can be a good thing, yes. However, you need to talk about what’s happened and deal with those issues as well.”
* Rocco got up and moved away from her, heading to the window, she watched as he stood there and looked out at the front of the prison. It wasn’t a very picturesque view but she at least had a better view compared to what the officers and the prisoners dealt with daily. Her office faced the front of the prison where one could see all of the comings and goings if they so choose to, as it faced the main parking lot and the main gate. She continued to observe him wanting to give him time to take in what she’d said. He was such a handsome man and at times it was hard for her to separate what she was supposed to be doing versus what she wanted.
~ Down and Dirty anthology ~
Releases: May 22, 2018 | Publisher: Romance Rebels Publishing | Cover Artist: Sinfully Sweet Designs
* Get in, get down…and get filthy with these sexy, hardworking, blue-collar heroes who don’t mind when things get a little dirty while at work or at play. This collection of 22 brand new stories from USA Today and International Best-Selling authors is full of scorching hot romance tales that will be sure to leave you breathless for more. These men work hard, and play even harder.
* From cops to mechanics, and miners to brewmasters, they aren’t afraid to go all in. At the end of the day, when they find the woman who completes them, they learn that love and life can be just as messy as their day job…and they wouldn’t have it any other way.
* Featuring stories from: Lori King, Maia Dylan, Sarah Marsh, Elena Kincaid, Cecile Tellier, London Saint James, Bella Settara, Rose Nickol, RL Merrill, Ashley Malkin, Lucy Felthouse, Scarlett J. Rose, Sydney Lea, CR Moss, Samantha A. Cole, Danielle James, Ava Campbell, Eva Moore, Kimberlie L. Faye, Sabrina Sol, Nikki Prince, and Mia Hopkins! Visit the Facebook Page
Pre-order the Down and Dirty anthology here…
AMAZON US | AMAZON UK | AMAZON CA | AMAZON AU | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo
Want more by Nikki Prince? Check out her story It’s Complicated…
~ Blurb ~
* Ashton Locke has had a thing for Keiko Jarrett since college. So when she proposes adding friends with benefits to the mix, he’s intrigued, but wary. Sure, he’s always wanted her, and is definitely not ready to settle down with anyone, but what happens if one of them crosses the line?
* Keiko is ready to take her flirty friendship with Ashton to the next level of hot. But she never bargained for feelings to intrude and cause complications. She laughed at Ashton’s hesitation and promised she’d remain heart-whole.
* Some promises are meant to be broken and as Keiko and Ashton’s benefits bleed in all aspects of their lives, Keiko needs to convince Ashton that love is worth the risk.
~ Excerpt ~
* “Dance with me?”
* “Of course.”
* He walked her gingerly toward the small dance floor and moved into the middle of the throngs of people, pulling her close. She made a noise when he wrapped his arms around her and snuggled closer to him. This. This right here was well worth everything.
* The DJ dimmed the lights and the room lit up into what looked like millions of stars.
* “Oh my, how beautiful, Ash.” Keiko lifted her head and looked up at the ceiling and the floor that had millions of stars on them.
* “It is indeed, Kei.” He danced with her slowly, not wanting to hurt her leg. “Tell me if the dancing gets to be too much for you.”
* “I will, of course. Right now, I’m good. It’s had a while to get stronger.”
* “There’s something I want to talk to you about.”
* “Yeah? On the dance floor or back at the table.” She looked up at him and he couldn’t stop himself from kissing the tip of her nose.
* “I was thinking that it would be nice to take this discussion to the balcony.”
* He nodded to the left where there was a large balcony with the doors open.
* “How romantic, a balcony for clandestine meetings and discussions,” she said as she turned her face up to gaze at him.
* “You are so dramatic.” He chuckled.
Buy It’s Complicated here…
Amazon | iTunes | Tule Publishing
Thank you for joining us here today, Nikki Prince! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.