Today we have author Danielle James visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I’m a smart-mouthed, KY girl who loves to read and write. I have more than twenty titles to date and many more to come. I write primarily in paranormal romance with a flair for the steam, but I also dabble in suspense, thriller and contemporary.
A look into Diamond in the Rough in the Down and Dirty anthology
~ Blurb ~
A diamond in the rough…
* The family diamond business is all Ethan Withers has, and for the last seven years, it’s been everything to him. Inherited at only 18, his father’s passion has become his life’s work.
A hidden gem…
* Christina McAlister was smart, funny, sexy, and everything he never knew he wanted. She hides her sparkle behind her drive to finish her law degree. Having been hurt before, she doesn’t have time or the desire for love.
* Just the right amount of friction, and a chance encounter, and a lot of heat sparks will change them both. Will they be able see past their individual goals in order to claim a once in a lifetime prize?
~ Excerpt ~
* Ethan tipped his hat, bowing to her. “Thank you for the dance,” he rumbled.
* “Yeah! Whoohoo! That’s what I’m talking about!” Dana shouted from the sidelines.
* “Oh, my god,” Christina said on a laugh, bending at the waist, feeling slightly embarrassed.
* She’s Everything, by Brad Paisley, started playing and couples moved their way back onto the dance floor. “May I have another?” he asked her, holding out his hand.
* “If you don’t dance with him, I will!” Dana shouted again. Christina waved at her friend, then took Ethan’s hand.
* He pulled her in close, so close that their bodies were touching. Her hands automatically went to his chest as his arms wrapped around her waist. He moved slowly, looking down at her the entire time. His stare was so intense that Christina couldn’t hold it, so she laid her head on his chest. Even though she’d only just met him, she was comfortable being this close to him. Right then, he wasn’t a complete stranger, but someone she’d known forever. She knew all she needed to know about him. She could hear him singing low, the timbre rumbling in his chest. She could hear his heart beating and she could smell him. Lord, she could smell him. Soap and man. Her insides turned to mush and really, she just wanted to take him in the back and jump his bones.
* Why couldn’t she? Christina was leaving the next day. It wasn’t like she was going to see him again. Ignoring the pang in her heart, she lifted her head to look up at him. He was still staring down at her. His full lips curled into a small smile, exposing a dimple in his left cheek. She rose up on her toes, pulling his head down. Ethan tipped his hat, covering both of their faces, and then he kissed her.
* His lips touched hers and a slow burn spread throughout her body. Every nerve ending in was alive and firing at the same time. His kiss was soft and gentle, teasing her until she sucked his lower lip into her mouth. He moaned softly, cupped her cheek in his hand, and then pushed his tongue into her mouth. Christina could taste the faint hint of whiskey on him, but more than that was his taste. She twisted her fingers in the back of his too-long hair, holding him closer to her. When he broke the kiss, she wanted to scream, but she realized the song had ended. She knew what she was thinking was a bad idea, yet she was going to do it anyway.
* Ethan could have kissed her forever, he decided as he looked down into her stormy grey eyes. “Thank you,” he said.
* Christina smiled mischievously at him and took his hand. “Come with me,” she commanded.
* He would have followed her anywhere.
* She led him toward the back, past the restrooms and into a darkened hallway. “Where are we going?” he asked.
* “Right here,” she said, pushing him against the wall. She grabbed his face and pulled him down for another kiss. Ethan was all too happy to oblige.
* She tasted of lemon but underneath that was the sweetest wine. Sucking on her tongue, he savored her taste, holding her hips still. She broke the kiss and began kissing his neck. Ethan’s head tipped back and a moan escaped him. She was going to kill him. He knew it. She continued her sweet torture and he knew he would never survive it.
* Unable to take it anymore, he switched their positions so she was against the wall. She looked up at him with fire in her eyes and he knew he was right. Her lips were swollen and wet and he couldn’t resist another taste. But this time, he didn’t stay there. He kissed his way along her jaw to her neck, sucking and nibbling down to her collar bone.
* “Not here,” she said.
* Ethan realized that they were getting into it pretty heavy and even though they were hidden, anyone could come walking by. They were in public. In a bar. Which brought on another thought. “How much have you had to drink?” he asked.
* She raised a brow at him. “Seriously?”
* Ethan shook his head. “Look, there’s nothing I want more than to throw you in my truck, take you back to my hotel, and make you scream my name all night. But I can’t if you’re drunk. So please, tell me; how much have you had to drink?”
* “What makes you think I want to go with you?” she asked, straightening her spine and brushing her skirt down. “Just so you know, I’ve had one shot and a half a beer. But no worries, this was a bad idea anyway.”
* “Wait,” he said when she turned to walk away. “I just wanted to make sure you weren’t going to regret it in the morning.”
* “I don’t do regrets.” She put her hands on her hips. “Now, are you gonna throw me in that truck or not?”
* Ethan didn’t need any more encouragement. He leaned down and scooped her up, tossing her over his shoulder then walked out of the bar caveman style.
~ Down and Dirty anthology ~
* Get in, get down…and get filthy with these sexy, hardworking, blue-collar heroes who don’t mind when things get a little dirty while at work or at play. This collection of 22 brand new stories from USA Today and International Best-Selling authors is full of scorching hot romance tales that will be sure to leave you breathless for more. These men work hard, and play even harder.
* From cops to mechanics, and miners to brewmasters, they aren’t afraid to go all in. At the end of the day, when they find the woman who completes them, they learn that love and life can be just as messy as their day job…and they wouldn’t have it any other way.
* Featuring stories from: Lori King, Maia Dylan, Sarah Marsh, Elena Kincaid, Cecile Tellier, London Saint James, Bella Settara, Rose Nickol, RL Merrill, Ashley Malkin, Lucy Felthouse, Scarlett J. Rose, Sydney Lea, CR Moss, Samantha A. Cole, Danielle James, Ava Campbell, Eva Moore, Kimberlie L. Faye, Sabrina Sol, Nikki Prince, and Mia Hopkins! Visit the Facebook Page
Thank you for joining us here today, Danielle James! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.