Today we have author Bella Settarra visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I am an English lady who loves reading and writing Erotic Romance. I am currently winning my battle with breast cancer and think women should be free to feel sexy even when they are battle-scarred.
* I live in an old haunted house so I never feel lonely – though the housework is never done as things keep being moved around once I’ve tidied up!
* I have a very optimistic outlook and love having a good laugh with my friends.
Find Bella Settarra here…
Blog | Facebook | Newsletter | Twitter | Website
A look into Sex Mechanic in the Down and Dirty anthology
~ Blurb ~
* Known locally as the ‘Sex Mechanic’ with a ‘love’em and leave ’em’ approach to women, Ben Steadman is astonished to suddenly develop feelings for a new girl in town. She has a flat tire that he is happy to help with. Unfortunately she also has a couple of kids in tow, making her strictly off-limits– especially when he hears their daddy’s in the military.
* Iona Walker is filling in at her uncle’s firm, although admin doesn’t exactly excite her. She is smitten with the handsome mechanic who helps her out, although she senses mixed signals.
* After his boss’ heart attack, Ben realizes that his job isn’t as safe as he’d hoped as he struggles to keep the company afloat. Iona is delighted to offer her help with the business, especially as it means them working together.
* However, a concoction of misunderstandings and interference seems destined to keep the two apart…
~ Excerpt ~
* Ben drove the Jeep to the bar just a couple of blocks away. It was the last place he wanted to be, and she was the last person he wanted to be with, though he couldn’t convince his cock of that. The damn thing had been fidgeting about in his pants ever since she’d shown up. His brain, on the other hand, was admonishing him for going ahead with the stupid idea, but it was too late now.
* He was glad it wasn’t too busy inside; it was still early. While Connie went to the bathroom, he ordered a couple of drinks and chose a table near the door. He wasn’t planning to stay long. At least the air con works in here, he thought to himself.
* “You remembered my favourite drink.” She appeared, fresh-faced and beaming, a few minutes later.
* “The bartender did,” he lied.
* She looked a little disappointed, but sat down and took hold of her glass.
* “I haven’t got long. I need to take a shower,” he reminded her bluntly.
* She nodded. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have dragged you out like this.”
* “Why did you?” He knew he didn’t sound very sympathetic, but she was quite right. She shouldn’t have.
* “I needed to talk to you.” She looked sad again, and he dreaded a repeat of those damn tears. Despite all the sobbing she’d done just now, there wasn’t a tear-stain on her face and her eyes were as beautiful as ever—not in the least puffy or red.
* “You got boyfriend trouble?”
* She gaped at him and then smiled. “You know me so well.”
* He snorted. It didn’t take a genius.
* “I shouldn’t have left you for him,” she said, that bottom lip quivering.
* “You didn’t,” he reminded her. “I caught you both together and finished with you if you recall.” He gave her a stern look. How stupid does she think I am?
* She huffed. “Well, whatever. It was a mistake, okay? It shouldn’t have happened. I was drunk.”
* “For the whole three weeks you were seeing him behind my back?” He leaned backward in his chair, staring at her. Either she had a very short memory or she figured he did. She’d bragged about the fact she’d been seeing the fucker right under his nose, calling him all kinds of stupid. He wasn’t about to forget that.
* She turned red and started to drum her perfectly manicured nails on the table with one hand while she clutched her glass with the other. “You know how I am,” she said after a while.
* “I sure do.”
* She sat up straight and frowned. “Why are you being so mean?”
* He sighed and took another swig of his beer. It wasn’t as cold as he’d have liked, but he guessed that was more to do with the heat of his hand. His whole body felt like it was burning up—firstly because he’d been trying to keep his erection under control, and now because she was really winding him up.
* She stopped rapping her nails and started twirling her hair instead.
* “I’m guessing you’ve had a row with him, then?” His voice sounded as weary as he felt.
* “Not exactly.” She pouted.
* He stared at her expectantly. No way was he about to drag the information from her. He wasn’t even interested.
* She must have got the message because she went on after a few minutes. “I’ve left him,” she said. “He was cheating on me.” The sniffling started again.
* “What goes around comes around,” he told her, determined not to be taken in this time. He took another swig of his drink.
* “I thought you’d understand,” she said sulkily, sniffing hard.
* “Oh I understand, all right,” he said with a snicker. “You’ve realized the guy’s not as perfect as you’d like so you’ve dumped him. Well, I hate to tell you, darlin’, but I ain’t perfect either.” He drank the last mouthful of beer as he stood up to go.
* “I wouldn’t say that.” Her eyes were wide as she grabbed his arm.
* “Yeah you would.” He shook his head incredulously. “In fact, you said a lot more than that when I caught you making out.”
* “I didn’t mean it,” she insisted.
* He pulled his arm from her grip. “Yes, you did.” He nodded. “And I meant what I said, too. It’s over. You don’t get to crap on me twice.” He turned and left the bar, gasping as the warm air hit him as soon as he stepped outside.
* He strolled back to the garage and fetched his truck, berating himself every step of the way. Why am I such a dumbass?
~ Down and Dirty anthology ~
Releases: May 22, 2018 | Publisher: Romance Rebels Publishing | Cover Artist: Sinfully Sweet Designs
* Get in, get down…and get filthy with these sexy, hardworking, blue-collar heroes who don’t mind when things get a little dirty while at work or at play. This collection of 22 brand new stories from USA Today and International Best-Selling authors is full of scorching hot romance tales that will be sure to leave you breathless for more. These men work hard, and play even harder.
* From cops to mechanics, and miners to brewmasters, they aren’t afraid to go all in. At the end of the day, when they find the woman who completes them, they learn that love and life can be just as messy as their day job…and they wouldn’t have it any other way.
* Featuring stories from: Lori King, Maia Dylan, Sarah Marsh, Elena Kincaid, Cecile Tellier, London Saint James, Bella Settara, Rose Nickol, RL Merrill, Ashley Malkin, Lucy Felthouse, Scarlett J. Rose, Sydney Lea, CR Moss, Samantha A. Cole, Danielle James, Ava Campbell, Eva Moore, Kimberlie L. Faye, Sabrina Sol, Nikki Prince, and Mia Hopkins! Visit the Facebook Page
Pre-order the Down and Dirty anthology here…
AMAZON US | AMAZON UK | AMAZON CA | AMAZON AU | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo
Thank you for joining us here today, Bella Settarra! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.