Today we have author Ellen Dye visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* At the age of nine Ellen Dye decided she was going to be a writer when she found her Aunt Nettie’s trunk of True Confessions magazines and spent untold hours reading the lot, a bag of Munchos potato chips and a frosty RC Cola at her side. Then, being nine, she promptly forgot all about it as she got lost in the pesky business of growing up, And then one very lucky day she spotted a confession magazine on the grocery store shelf and began to tap out her own stories which were a delight to see published. Now she spends her days tapping out her characters’ happily-ever-afters for The Wild Rose Press.
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* On her fortieth birthday housewife Wanda Jo Ashton is expecting her husband’s standard gift of an E and E from T-that being Elegant and Expensive from Tiffany’s. However, what she gets is the news that her formerly successful, dependable corporate attorney husband is leaving her to pursue the rich life of a kept man. Left with nothing she has no choice but to escape the San Francisco area, with her sixteen-year-old daughter in tow and head toward the mountains of West Virginia and the quirky family she left behind twenty years ago. Here Wanda Jo must carve out a future, complete with career and home in the midst of family feuds, computer phobias and the occasional homebrewing explosion before she finally figures out life can indeed being again at forty.
~ Excerpt ~
* No sooner had I placed my half-empty mug on the counter than I heard a distantly familiar hissing sound. But before I could remember when I’d last heard it there was the unmistakable groan of old wood followed by an explosion loud enough to rival cannon fire and then the sound of splintering wood.
* Olivia looked at me, eyes wide with shock. I looked at Sam. We both looked at Nettie, who sat with her eyes wide and one hand over her mouth. “Oops,” she squeeked.
* Mama just sighed and kept washing dishes.
* Sam and I hurried to the front door. He got there first and shoved it open with one massive shoulder. I stared out in stunned disbelief. The right side of the porch had been reduced to a pile of splintered boards, sprinkled here and there with, broken glass. One of the posts and collapsed and the other dangled from its gingerbread trim.
* The usually fresh morning air reeked of fermenting apples.
* “A tad too much yeast.” Nettie tsked from somewhere near my elbow, before turning to toddle back toward the kitchen lost in thought.
* Well, it was official. We were home and had just survived another of Aunt Nettie’s homebrewing explosions.
Buy Relatively Crazy here…
Find Ellen Dye here…
Thank you for joining us here today, Ellen Dye! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Ellen Dye will be awarding a $25 Amazon/BN GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use this RAFFLECOPTER LINK to enter the drawing. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!
8 thoughts on “Welcome to Ellen Dye w/ #WomensFiction #Romance ‘Relatively Crazy’ @GoddessFish”
Thank you for hosting today.
Thanks so much for having me here today 🙂 All best to you and a very Happy New Year!
congrats on the tour and thanks for the chance to win 🙂
How did you spend your new year? Thanks for the giveaway. I hope that I win.
Great post, I enjoyed reading it! Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year 🙂
Many thanks to everyone for dropping by today 🙂
Congrats on the new release. Is this part of a series or will it be a stand alone?
This book sounds like something I’d really enjoy reading, thank you for sharing!