Today we have author Adriana Kraft visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Winner of the 2014 Bisexual Book Award for erotic fiction, author Adriana Kraft is a married couple writing Sizzling Romantic Suspense and Erotic Romance for Two, Three, or More.
* One man, one woman, danger and intrigue – always a happy ending, but oh, what a ride! Readers can count on our Romantic Suspense line for gutsy characters, hot sex, and breathtaking intimacy as our hero and heroine battle outer threats and inner demons to stay alive and fall in love.
* A man, a woman (or two), or another man, threesomes, foursomes—what’s your fantasy? We write our Erotic Romance stories to entertain, of course, but most of all we write them because we believe in happy endings for all who fall in love, whatever their gender, sexual orientation or numerical combination. Here you’ll find multiple partners, three-way, four-way and more, swing lifestyle, lesbian, bisexual, ménage and polyamory, in both contemporary and paranormal settings.
* Together we have published over thirty-five romance novels and novellas to outstanding reviews.
Guest Post From Adriana Kraft:
* That first kiss with the person who turns out to be the love of your life. Do you remember yours? I sure do, but my personal history contains nothing resembling the sniping that’s been going on between English professor Cat Shanahan and carpenter Kurt Davis for the first two thirds of our newest release, Seducing Cat. They’ve been spitting bullets at each other.
* They’re an unlikely pair: She’s 34, newly tenured at the college in the small town of Burntside Wisconsin, and author and director of plays at the community theater in town. Kurt’s 24, a high school graduate who teamed up with a buddy to create a construction company and is doing very well. He volunteers as a set designer at the theater, and Cat’s hired him to restore the century-old foursquare home she recently purchased.
* That age difference quite possibly qualifies the novella as a Cougar Story, but it’s so much more than that. To seize the love affair of their life, both Cat and Kurt have some deep-seated prejudice to overcome: upper class disdain for people who work with their hands, and working-class mistrust of the highly educated. Since our own extended families are filled with both academics and blue-collar workers, we’re familiar with this scenario—and we know that the deep divide can sometimes be overcome in real life, as well as on the pages of fiction.
* This five book series was originally released in 2009 by a different e-publisher. It’s been unavailable for over four years, and we’re thrilled Extasy Books has contracted to re-release it, completely revised and re-edited. In the meantime, Meg insisted we write one more adventure. The six books will release approximately every ten weeks. Watch for Book Two: A Woman for Zachary in early August!
* By the time the excerpt below occurs, Meg and Cat are already lovers. Kurt knows this, but he’s made clear he wants no part of whatever crazy scheme Meg is up to.
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* Level headed English Professor Caitlin Shanahan has finally earned tenure and purchased the century-old two-story house of her dreams in the college town of Burntside, Wisconsin—at thirty-four, she’d better face facts: her future is teaching college and writing plays, not falling in love. So why is she so drawn to foxy little hometown actress Meghan Keenan, who’s rented her upstairs apartment, or worse, to the girl’s gorgeous hunk of a lover Kurt Davis, a carpenter who’s never even been to college?
* Twenty-year-old Meg has a plan. First she’ll seduce the reluctant professor, then she’ll share her sexual delights with both Cat and her brawny carpenter, and when she’s successfully brought them together, she can make her escape and explore what’s beyond the only town she’s ever lived in.
* Kurt can’t stand the up-tight professor who’s hired him to build a gazebo and refurbish her old house—the house he wanted for himself. Even if Meg’s scheme succeeds, he knows Caitlin would never look at him twice. No need to go there in his fantasies…
~ Excerpt ~
* Wringing clammy hands, Cat stood in the small production booth behind the opening night audience. Openings inevitably made her anxious. There seemed no way to prevent it. This was her favorite place to watch the show, because from here it looked as if the cast performed only for her. Besides, no one bothered her when she was in the booth.
* The first act had been superb. Meg had the crowd in the palm of her hand, hanging on every word and responding to every gesture, and yet she had a way of not stealing the show. The cast performed well together.
* During intermission, Cat had visited briefly with cast members, giving them words of support before returning to the safety of her booth. Successful opening nights were so exhilarating, and this was one of those.
* She startled when the door to the booth opened and closed quickly.
* “Thought I’d find you here,” Kurt said softly, squeezing into the tight space to stand behind her. “She’s good, isn’t she?”
* Cat could barely make out his outline in the dark and quickly returned her gaze toward the stage. His physical presence took up so much of the tiny booth she feared suffocating. “She’s superb. Meg should be in New York. Look at her work the crowd, and they don’t even know it.”
* “She has a way about her, all right.”
* “She’s a blend of mystery, innocence and eroticism.” She wanted to take back her words as soon as she heard them.
* “Ah.” Kurt’s breath heated her bare neck. “She’s all of that, all right.”
* “Do you suppose she’ll ever take the next step?”
* “Maybe. If she’s supported enough. She’s more insecure about her acting than she lets on.”
* “I know. I’ve been trying to help her with those insecurities.”
* “I’ve heard. And I gather she’s helping you with some of yours.”
* Cat’s heart skipped a beat. She should bite his head off for that comment. But she was suddenly in a joyous mood as the crowd gave the cast a standing ovation. She squealed, “Yes! They loved it.”
* “Did you think they wouldn’t?”
* “I never know what to think until it’s over. I better get out there.” She turned around quickly and slammed against Kurt’s solid chest. She caught herself on his shoulders, then suddenly felt his arms holding her steady.
* In the dark, she couldn’t tell if he was smiling or scowling. And then he brushed his lips across hers. Her breathing stopped.
Thank you for joining us here today, Adriana Kraft! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Adriana Kraft will be awarding a $10 Amazon GC, to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use this RAFFLECOPTER LINK to enter the drawing. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!