Today we have author David Burnett visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* We recently moved to our new home near Charleston, South Carolina. Three of my four books are set in Charleston, and I’ve always enjoyed the Carolina beaches. I now have the opportunity to walk on the beach almost every day and to photography the ocean, the sea birds, and the marshes that I love.
* I love photography, and I have photographed subjects as varied as prehistoric ruins on the islands of Scotland, star trails, sea gulls, and a Native American powwow. My wife and I have traveled widely in the United States and the United Kingdom. During trips to Scotland, we visited Crathes Castle, the ancestral home of the Burnett family near Aberdeen, and Kismul Castle on Barra, the home of my McNeil ancestors.
* I went to school for much longer than I want to admit, and I have degrees in psychology and education. In an “earlier life” I was director of research for our state’s education department.
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* When Adryel follows Lucifer in his rebellion, she loses Ramael, the one she loves, and everything else she holds dear. How can he still love her when, as the Mistress of Hell, she has done more to thwart Adonai’s plan for humanity than all the other fallen angels combined?
~ Excerpt ~
* “The council is in session,” Uriel repeated as Adryel took her seat. “Each of you will find a book on the table in front of you. As its title indicates, it contains a plan for creation of…well, we’ll see what is to be created. In any case, Adonai wishes to implement the plan, and he solicits your advice and counsel before he proceeds.”
* “The plan is not long, as you can see,” Uriel said. “We have plenty of time. We’ll read it now.”
* Thirty minutes passed, and the archangels began to close their books. Lucifer had been the first to finish reading. He sat straight in his chair, his body rigid, a frown spread across his face. He seemed to be glaring, first at Uriel, then at Michael. He absently played with a small wooden disk that he had taken from a pocket, turning it over and over in the palm of his hand. Adryel had observed that he frequently occupied himself in this manner when he felt angry but was trying to hide his feelings from others.
* Uriel cleared his throat. “Very interesting.”
* “Interesting?” Lucifer raised his left eyebrow. “Balls of fire and chunks of rock hurtling through empty space. What were they called?”
* Chamuel opened his book and scanned the first page. “Stars and planets.”
* “Stars and planets. Yes.” Lucifer nodded. “And one of these planets will be special, populated by countless creatures, and these creatures will come in assorted shapes and sizes and abilities and colors and…”
* He pinched the bridge of his nose, sighed one more time, and then continued. “So…these creatures…some of them, of course, are like creatures that live here, the horses, for example. Others…well, I was rather taken by those called elephants, creatures with enormous ears and long, tube-like noses…but on the whole I actually found it all to be rather boring—boring and uninteresting and harmless—and I wondered why I was dragged away from more productive activities.” He paused as he looked around the table, making eye contact with each member of the council. “Except for one…small…item.”
* He flipped toward the back of the book. “On the twenty-fourth page we find an extended discussion of one of these creatures, the one called human.” A look of distaste blanketed his features and his eyes narrowed. “I find the plan for this creature to be most disturbing.”
Buy Between Heaven and Hell here…
Amazon The book is on sale for $0.99 during the tour.
Find David Burnett here…
Amazon Author Page | Blog | Facebook Page | Twitter | Website
Thank you for joining us here today, David Burnett! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! David Burnett will be awarding a $15 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use this RAFFLECOPTER LINK to enter the drawing. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!
2 thoughts on “Welcome to David Burnett w/ #Paranormal #Romance ‘Between Heaven and Hell’ @DavdBurnett @GoddessFish”
Thanks for hosting!
Thank you for posting Between Heaven and Hell! It is an account (fictional by necessity!) of an angel caught between the two and the decisions she makes when Lucifer rebels against God. The angelic characters have very human traits and behaviors. Some people find this makes them believable and approachable. Others are bothered by such “humanized” angels. I’d be interested to know what your readers think. I’ll check back early this evening to find out.