Today we have author John Geers visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* John Geers drew inspiration to begin his debut novel from a dream he experienced.
* Hours spent in the caffeinated air of his favorite coffeehouse proved to be the perfect place to complete Emerge Beyond Circles.
* John is a middle school literacy educator, where he inspires and is inspired by the writers of tomorrow. He is the founder and facilitator of his school’s Creative Writing Club. He is also a columnist for the online magazine Elephant Journal.
* He loves a good story, being on the water, and witty puns. He can be found hiking the wilderness, biking big hills, sipping dark coffee, and looking for a chair in the mall.
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* Two couples from Madison, with entwined destinies, both seeking love, are connected by a single element: the ancient Siberian witch, Thuban-Pol. Her magic will either be their savior or their ruin.
* Thuban-Pol is the latest in a lineage of Siberian witches. Their eternal aim is to guide humanity to true love. Their guiding tenet, “For love to bloom, these three endure: sacrifice, perseverance and suffering. But the greatest of these is suffering.”
* Since the dawn of humanity, they have summoned countless couples, inflicting suffering with the intention to grow true love. They have never succeeded…but now they have their best opportunity in two couples from Wisconsin.
* If they succeed, love will finally bloom for all of humanity, if the suffering inflicted on these couples doesn’t kill them first.
~ Excerpt ~
* The relief of a spilled secret washed through him, nourished by the fresh sting of bourbon on his throat, and a cruel tickle of his soul. A tickle not felt since before his sight was ripped from him in a Siberian gust.
* The bottle on the bar, keeper of amber bourbon and his secret, stood silent, solid. To be sure, he chose a reliable friend in which to confide. Old Crow bourbon had been the drink of choice for Ulysses S. Grant, victorious general of the Grand Army of the Republic, for the Yanks of the North, during the Civil War. The secrets the General poured into the golden bottle were severe enough to flip the result of the war. Yet, they remained safe, locked behind the sealed beak of the black crow perched on the label.
* Unseen by him, light from neon beer signs bounced off the bottle at peculiar angles, a queer spotlight on the label.
* The cigarette smoldered and sagged in the ashtray.
Buy Emerge Beyond Circles here…
Thank you for joining us here today, John Geers! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! John Geers will be awarding a $25 Amazon GC, a signed copy of the book, and a stuffed tiger (US only) to a randomly drawn winner via the sweepstakes link during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use this Emerge Beyond Circles Goddessfish Giveaway Link to enter the drawing. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!