Today we have author Jonathan Williams visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Jonathan Williams has worked in Information Technology for over twenty years. He has spent most of his career working in the Financial and Pharmaceutical \ Biotech sectors. He specializes in Database Management Systems.
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* A land of vast beauty and constant change, Yosemite National Park never ceases to amaze and inspire its visitors. And fiction writer Jonathan Williams, an avid camper and fan, is no exception. In four charming short stories, he captures the Park’s diverse landscape and unique wilderness, using it as backdrop in all its glory to tell his tales.
* “The Condor Suit” tells the story of Tim whose life-long dreams of flying prompts him to move to a small town in the foothills of the Sierra to pursue his quest: building a bird suit and flying into the Park. In “Dog Lake,” a young boy on a Yosemite camping trip falls into the lake and disappears, only to discover another world lurking beneath its surface, and the lake magically comes to life. “The Rescue” tells the story of a hiker, and the unusual relationship he forms with a bear and her cub in the park. And with “The Old Man in the Sierra,” visitors in Yosemite National Park encounter a strange man leaving them wondering if he is the Park’s notorious mystery man? Does he exist, or is he the stuff of everyone’s imagination, and simply part legend, part ghost?
~ Excerpt ~
* “Tim was about twenty four miles into the flight and passing the main Park entrance when he noticed something strange. His vision became clearer, and things became brighter.”
* “Nathan found himself in a large empty room surrounded by water. He carefully touched one of the glass walls, and his fingerprints smeared.”
* “Instinctively, I made as much noise as possible, and blew my whistle but the mountain lion continued toward me.”
The Old Man and the Sierra:
* “The Old Man stood drenched, his outback hat offering little protection. His eyes closed, he faced the gales, the rain striking his weathered face, and he opened his mouth to the downpour.”
Buy Tales of Yosemite here…
Amazon ~ The book will be FREE during the tour.
Thank you for joining us here today, Jonathan Williams! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Jonathan Williams will be awarding a $20 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GCto a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use this RAFFLECOPTER LINK to enter the drawing. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!