Today we have author Kacey Hammell visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
Avid Reader. Romance Author. Redhead…
* Canadian-born author Kacey Hammell is definitely a book-a-holic. A romance reader from a young age, she fell in love with happily ever afters. These days, as a multi- published erotic romance author, she enjoys adding a lot of heat, sass, and emotion to the many genres she writes.
* Mom of three, Kacey lives her own happily ever after with her perfect hero in Ontario, Canada.
* Readers can find all my titles under the “Bookshelf” menu on my website.
What would you like to tell readers about the book?
* Thank you so much for sharing my new release with your readers! I hope everyone enjoys the story as much as I did writing it. Stay warm and Happy Reading!!
* Author Note: This book was previously released at another publisher. It has been revised extensively with a new title for re-release.
* 5 out of 5 Stars ~ “It’s quick. It’s dirty. It’s satisfying.” Author, SJ Maylee
* 5 out of 5 Stars ~~ “…a quick, hot read that will get your motor running.” Leisha, Goodreads
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* No amount of braking will stop this payback from crashing and burning.
* Racecar driver Lark Stevens agrees to help a close friend prove that paybacks can be a bitch. What she doesn’t expect is to fall in lust with her mark.
* Set on her mission, Lark assumes the mystery man who amps up the heat and pushes her heart into overdrive is her intended target. And once they connect, getting even is the last thing on her mind.
* As the heat smolders and revs from zero to sixty in mere seconds, Lark realizes she’s on a crash course of emotion that no amount of braking will stop.
* Warning: No-holds-barred sexual teasing, dances meant to titillate and push you over the edge, and M/F love scenes to get engines revving.
~ Excerpt ~
* “Are you sure you’re okay doing this? It’s a lot to ask. You haven’t done this since college.” Lark’s best friend and business partner, Eli, sounded tense on the other end of the phone.
* Annoyed, Lark sighed. She’d already agreed to his request, and they’d talked it to death. “Of course I’m sure. Everything’s great. I’ll be at your office tomorrow afternoon around three.”
* “You know this is for fun. Just a bit of payback for Aaron.”
* “Yeah, yeah. I got it.”
* Lark strolled to her bedroom closet, eager to see a few of her favorite things. She slid the accordion door open, anchored her phone between her cheek and shoulder, and reached behind a wad of hanging clothes to retrieve a plastic garment bag.
* As she unzipped it, she smiled at the exquisite silk and leather. She hadn’t worn the more risqué skirts and tops in her closet for a couple years. Not since her last boyfriend, who hadn’t appreciated the adventure in their sex life. But she loved wearing leather or spandex. The material slid along her skin, bolstering her confidence and sexiness. Her heart rate raced from zero to sixty in anticipation. Lark shivered, hit the speaker button on her cell phone, and then dropped it on the nightstand.
* “Aaron won’t know what hit him. He’ll definitely understand the meaning of payback’s a bitch when I’m through with him.” Lark laid four outfits on the bed and pondered them.
* Red, blue, and two black mega-short skirts with silk, midriff-baring halter tops—but which was best for a fun prank?
* “Just don’t hurt him.” Eli’s gruff voice hinted at concern for his longtime friend, who was about to be punked.
* “Don’t worry. I’ll treat him like my Chevy Impala, and shift him gentle.”
* They both laughed.
* She lifted the red set. Perfect. Lark got on her knees beside the bed to look underneath and reached in as far as possible. Once she touched the tops of the matching red stiletto knee-high boots, she grinned. This outfit topped off with her vibrant red wig would be the icing on the cake. Yes. She yanked the heels free from their hiding place.
* “There’s nothing to worry about. You go do your business with Fairfax Motors and land us a new sponsor, and I’ll take care of your good friend,” she said.
Buy Payback’s a Bitch here…
Evernight Publishing | Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Kacey’s Book Page — updated as book goes live at all bookstores
Thank you for joining us here today, Kacey Hammell! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.