Today we have author Sydney Lea visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Sydney Lea is a married mother of two and an avid reader who enjoys falling in love with one book boyfriend after another. After years of dreaming up Mr Perfect, she has finally put pen to paper and created him herself. Whether your ideal man is a bad boy, law enforcement, shifter, vampire, cowboy or alien, she has something for everyone.
Find Sydney Lea here…
Facebook | Instagram | Newsletter | Twitter | Website
A look into Accidentally Again in the Down and Dirty anthology
~ Blurb ~
* She wanted to stay. He knew she needed to go.
* Police officer Gabe Hannigan had always done the right thing and followed the rules. With the exception of one night with the girl he had always craved, Billie Shannon.
* When Billie returns four years later to care for her sick father, she comes home with a secret she knew she couldn’t keep forever, leaving the pair with no choice but to come to terms with the consequences of their night together and the actions Gabe took to try and protect Billie’s future.
* Can this lawman make things right with the woman he should never have let go? Will they overcome their past in order to fall in love accidentally again?
~ Excerpt ~
* “I’m sorry.”
* Billie tensed in my arms, pulling away enough to meet my eyes, her gaze unwavering as she read my face. Something inside me broke as I witnessed her withdraw and close in on herself. “Sorry?”
* Shaking my head I tried to reach for her only to have her step further back. “Billie. I…”
* “You what?” She clenched her teeth, anger building in her stormy blue eyes.
* I sat up quickly, tugging on the sheet to keep myself covered in some ridiculous and far too late attempt to stay in control. “We shouldn’t have done that. I shouldn’t have done that.”
* As soon as the words left my mount I instantly regretted them. They sounded all wrong and not how I wanted to explain myself. I tried again. “I just mea—”
* “Don’t you fucking dare,” she snapped, cutting me off. I remained silent as I watched her consider her next words. Her body was tense and rigid even as she slid from the bed and reached for the nearest clothing. When she was dressed in pyjamas, she turned to me and wrapped her arms around herself as though placing a barrier between us. I couldn’t fault her for that. Honestly, I doubt I could have fucked up the situation more if I had been actively trying to come off as a selfish, uncaring dick. “I think you should leave.”
* “I said leave,” she ground out, glaring at me. “I didn’t ask for an excuse. I don’t want to hear another apology. I want you gone. It’s very simple, Deputy Hannigan.”
* I winced at her formal address of me. She was putting up walls and while a large part of me knew I could break them before they fully formed, could try to fix this at least somewhat, another side realized this might be the perfect exit strategy. Cowardly sure, but effective. She needed to go, and she needed to have no hesitations in doing so.
* Maybe it was more selfish to want to fix things and the best thing I could do for her was leave and not come back. I could be selfless, right?
* Dressing quickly, I moved around her to leave and her flinch at my nearness was like a slap in the face. I forced myself to walk out of her bedroom and down the hallway, taking the final steps to the front door.
* Opening it, I turned to her finding her already shaking her head. “Just go.”
* I made it halfway done the path to the street where I had parked the patrol car, feeling her eyes on me the entire way before I broke. I had to make sure she wouldn’t change her mind, wouldn’t think there was a chance. I couldn’t be why she gave up her future. “I know you don’t want to hear it, but I am sorry. It was an accident, one that can’t happen again. You and me? We can never be something, we can never be what you want. You’ll be better off moving forward and never looking back.”
* I glanced back to see her expression. Hurt warring with frustration. Not giving her a chance to respond a hastened my pace and slipped into the car, starting up the engine and pulling away from the curb even as I saw her move towards the vehicle.
* “Fuck!” I shouted to myself, slamming my palm on the steering wheel. “I’m a selfish bastard.”
* I should have just left. Selfish and a coward. Right then I knew, Billie would be better off without me.
~ Down and Dirty anthology ~
Releases: May 22, 2018 | Publisher: Romance Rebels Publishing | Cover Artist: Sinfully Sweet Designs
* Get in, get down…and get filthy with these sexy, hardworking, blue-collar heroes who don’t mind when things get a little dirty while at work or at play. This collection of 22 brand new stories from USA Today and International Best-Selling authors is full of scorching hot romance tales that will be sure to leave you breathless for more. These men work hard, and play even harder.
* From cops to mechanics, and miners to brewmasters, they aren’t afraid to go all in. At the end of the day, when they find the woman who completes them, they learn that love and life can be just as messy as their day job…and they wouldn’t have it any other way.
* Featuring stories from: Lori King, Maia Dylan, Sarah Marsh, Elena Kincaid, Cecile Tellier, London Saint James, Bella Settara, Rose Nickol, RL Merrill, Ashley Malkin, Lucy Felthouse, Scarlett J. Rose, Sydney Lea, CR Moss, Samantha A. Cole, Danielle James, Ava Campbell, Eva Moore, Kimberlie L. Faye, Sabrina Sol, Nikki Prince, and Mia Hopkins! Visit the Facebook Page
Pre-order the Down and Dirty anthology here…
AMAZON US | AMAZON UK | AMAZON CA | AMAZON AU | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo
Thank you for joining us here today, Sydney Lea! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.