Today we have author Beth D. Carter visiting with her wonderful story Recover Me. How do I know it’s wonderful? Because I’ve had a chance to read it! If you like time travel romances this is one you really need to check out. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I grew up in Southeast Missouri, in what is known as the Bootheel, and dreamed of one day escaping small town living to explore the world. Eventually, I made my way back and forth across the US; I’ve lived in Paris, France, and seen the wonders of Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Scandinavia. But Missouri will always be home. I use settings I know to base my stories around, writing about the ordinary people thrust into extraordinary circumstances. I firmly believe in happy-ever-afters and enjoy spreading a little love in the world. I’m easy to find on the web and love to hear from readers.
Find Beth D. Carter here…
Amazon Author Page | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Website
Five Things About Recover Me
1. I got the idea for this book from an old Olivia Newton-John song called Recovery (Physical album 1981). There is one line in the song “Don’t worry about my recovery, ‘Cause lover, you won’t recover me” that really sparked my imagination. Obviously, I got the title from this line.
2. The mob boss, Sherman Groto, first makes an appearance in my time travel book “When Lightning Strikes”. The hero, Micah John, needs money and goes to the fight because he gets a tip on who the winner will be.
3. Evie’s passion for hiking gold mines is one of my favorite things to do, and I’ve visited quite a few ghost towns through Nevada.
4. I did a lot of research on Evie’s addiction to sleeping pills. I also had to balance keeping her likeable and redeemable despite her addiction. It’s one of the reasons it took me about two years to write this story because I wanted to keep her authentic without losing her voice.
5. The past life story is based on a real life town in Nevada called Tonopah. Some of you who watch Ghost Adventures might remember the Clown Motel episode…Tonopah is where that motel is located.
~ Blurb ~
* Evie Duncan’s dreams are slowly taking over her life. Every night she falls in love with the man invading her subconscious, playing out scenes from a past life. It becomes harder and harder to wake and leave her dream man behind.
* Bishop Kain has devoted his life to protecting crime boss Sherman Groto, but when he spots Evie at an underground fight, all he can think about is her. He tries to keep his distance, but like a moth to a flame, she’s a siren he can’t resist.
* Danger is coming for Evie and her salvation lies somewhere in the truth of her past life. If Bishop can save her, he may be the one man who can bring her into the light…and for once, she might be willing to stay there.
~ Excerpt ~
* “Who are you?” he asked.
* She didn’t answer. Instead, she reached up with her free hand and her fingertips lightly traced over his cheek. Fire shot through him from the innocent, delicate exploration and he couldn’t help himself from backing her up until she hit the wall. It was much the same position he’d rescued her from not more than a few minutes earlier, but this time her body language was completely different. Her lips parted, her nipples beaded, and she arched her back toward him. Bishop fitted himself against her, sliding his thigh between her legs to hold her firmly against his body. Every bit of him thrummed to life and he’d never ached so desperately to possess a woman. He wanted to sink his hard cock into her womanly depths and ride her until she screamed his name. The arena, the fight, his job … all of it faded as he stared into her dark, fathomless eyes.
* He let go of her arm to sink his fingers into her hair. He tilted her face up to his so he could study her face in an effort to determine why she felt so familiar.
* “I didn’t think you were real,” she whispered. “I thought you were only a fantasy.”
* “Who are you?” he demanded once more.
* “Don’t you remember me?”
* Slowly, he shook his head. The urge to kiss her was an overwhelming battle he lost. He bent his head. Her hands slid up his chest, over his shoulders.
* “John,” she breathed.
* The name jolted him out of whatever euphoria the girl had cast around him. He pulled back from her and grabbed her forearms to prevent her from hugging him.
* “My name isn’t John,” he said harshly. Hearing another man’s name drop from her lips had twisted a spike in his gut, and damned if he wanted to analyze that too closely. “It’s Bishop Kain. Now come on. Mr. Groto wants to see you.”
Buy Recover Me here…
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | BookStrand | Evernight Publishing | iTunes | Kobo | Smashwords
Thank you for joining us here today, Beth D. Carter! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.