a look at ‘Don’t Hold Back’ By Lynn Burke #Contemporary #Romance @AuthorLynnBurke @changelingpress
Kelly Sadel has lived her life by a feels-o-meter since showing emotion as a kid was a big no-no. A timid analyst and fur baby momma, she avoids anything that stirs up her boring life. Secretly, she crushes on the man who rides the elevator with her every morning—he’s a unicorn amidst an office full of conservative short-hairs. He also sets her nerves on edge, topping her feels-o’meter to the limit, an oh-no in her carefully constructed world.
Accidentally dumping a box of cupcakes on his loafers grabs his unwanted attention, and he isn’t too quick to let go.
Jamison Byrne has worked his way through the submissives at Monique’s club hoping to find his own little subbie. He wants a collared sub, a woman to enjoy mutual pleasure his ropes bring without getting emotionally involved beyond scening.
Manipulation comes easy from years of life beneath a narcissistic asshole’s thumb, and Jamison finally gets Kelly to relent—but with her only agreeing to be friends. Jamison sweeps in but finds his feet swept beneath him as her nurturing nature opens him in ways he never expected. Sure he has found his “person,” he needs to find a way to share his darker desires and get Kelly to stop holding back and feel. He knows he can set her free, but does she want him to? Can he help her find the courage to face the emotions that come with submitting her body—and heart?
He leaned down, close enough my breath caught, and we stopped moving with the music. “Give me the green light, Kelly.”
Mind blank, I blinked.
“If you don’t say no right now, I’m going to kiss you.”
“Yes,” I heard myself whisper. He must have read my lips because there’s no way he heard my voice above the band.
Jamison brushed his lips across mine, and everything but the thump of my heart faded to silence. Gentle sweeps of his soft mouth liquefied my bones, and I sagged against his hard chest.
One hand pulled me flush against him as the other cradled my nape, and oh, lordy, did I hang onto his shirt for dear life. He licked along the seam of my lips, and I opened, trembling and near weeping at the pure deliciousness of his kiss. His breath. His clasp on my neck—tender yet…dominant in his hold.
Wintergreen swarmed my senses along with the flavor of his mouth, the sweet, underlying taste of Jamison, and while my body was more than ready to be ravished, the feeling only intensified as the hardness trapped in his jeans pressed against my belly.
Gone. No other word for it. Caught up in a maelstrom of feeling easily topping a ten, I didn’t know what to do or think. Unable to even make a rational decision, I rode the wave, letting him lead.
Too soon, much too damn soon, he pulled back and rested his forehead on mine as we both fought for air. He started swaying again, our bodies still pressed tightly together, his grip on my neck lessening. Eventually, he began soothing his hand down my hair, and I closed my eyes, knowing I’d lost a major battle.
If Jamison asked me to go home with him, I wouldn’t hesitate, the jerk. He hadn’t gotten into my panties, but he sure as hell weaseled his way to the brink where I wanted him to reach inside my waistband and blow my damn mind.
He twisted his fist up in my hair and tipped my head back, the slight sting sending a pulse straight down to my pussy. The intensity in his dark eyes sent another rush of moisture between my thighs. My mind whispered yes to whatever question he planned on tossing out, my body so on board I wanted to cry.
What was up with me and the damn blinking? Simple idiot… He had to think that of me.
“Do you want to get some dinner?” he asked again, his lips quirking in a smirk.
I wanted to press against his hard-on and tell him I’d have a dose of that for dinner, but… I’m no notch. “Sure,” I managed.
© Lynn Burke 2018
Other books in the Darkest Desires Series:
ABOUT LYNN BURKE:
Lynn Burke is a full time mother, voracious gardener, and scribbler of spicy romance stories. A country bumpkin turned Bay Stater, she enjoys her chowdah and Dunkin Donuts when not trying to escape the reality of city life.
a look at Lynn Burke & ‘Without Hesitation’ @AuthorLynnBurke #Contemporary #Romance #Series
Today we have author Lynn Burke visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Lynn Burke is a full time mother, voracious gardener, and scribbler of spicy romance stories. A country bumpkin turned Bay Stater, she enjoys her chowdah and Dunkin Donuts when not trying to escape the reality of city life.
Find Lynn Burke here…
Blog | Bookbub | Facebook | Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter | Website
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* Dumped like a bag of misshapen clay four months before her wedding, grade-school art teacher Mindy Hughson has no intention of opening her heart to anyone ever again. Hookups and one-night-stands fill the ache of abandonment—but still leave her wanting.
* Attempting to find peace from the shattered pieces of her past, Mindy returns to Sandy Ridge where she’s drawn to the cabin’s owner, Gage Hart. A carefree fling with a ripped hunk of fuck-a-licious beefsteak is just what she needs to fill the emptiness she feels inside. But Gage’s sexy smirk, lone dimple, and deep stare demand more than just the press of her body against his. He wants her love. With his mere presence threatening her resolve to keep things simple, will the pain of her past force her to flee? Or will Mindy dare to open her heart to Gage without hesitation?
~ Excerpt ~
* “Sure you don’t mind my taking off like this?” Mindy asked while putting her second earring in and standing in the cabin’s back doorway.
* “Not at all.” Kayla stretched her legs out toward the fire she’d made in the fire pit on their back patio, a box of graham crackers, chocolate bars, and a bag of marshmallows on the table beside her. “I’m going to make myself sick on s’mores and beer, maybe text Detective Ford a few times to see if he’ll bite at an offer for phone sex, then I’ll pass out.”
* Mindy giggled—more from nervousness than Kayla’s plans. “Good luck with the phone sex.”
* “Thanks.” Kayla puffed a breath between her lips. “God knows, I’m going to need it.”
* Fluttering her fingers, Mindy made for the front of their cabin, grabbing a sweater and her purse on the way.
* She’d agreed to meet Gage at his car at five, and while she felt bad skipping out on Kayla, her friend honestly didn’t seem to mind. An only child, Kayla claimed she enjoyed quiet “me” time and had often taken off for her daddy’s house when Mindy and Meg had smothered her in their apartment.
* “Bring me back some Sour Patch Kids!” Kayla’s holler carried in the clear mountain air.
* “You got it!” Mindy yelled back with a laugh, picking her way through the trees between the two cabins’ driveways.
* Gage waited for her beside his truck, jeans fitting his thighs and bulge the way a man’s jeans ought to fit, black t-shirt hugging every swell and dip of his upper body. He didn’t move while she approached, but his gaze slid down over her and back up in the lingering way that flushed Mindy through with heat.
* Strappy sandals and a short, pale-green sundress were the best she could come up with. Not having expected to find someone to hook up with while at the secluded Sandy Ridge cabin, she’d packed mostly for comfort.
* “Damn, woman,” Gage said as she drew closer.
* “You like?” she asked, twirling around for him.
* He shook his head, but his smirk and dimple told her the truth of his thoughts. “Get in the car before I decide to say to hell with dinner and drag you inside the cabin.”
* Mindy’s breath caught. “I’m game for that…”
* Gage pulled open the passenger door and motioned her forward. “In.”
© Lynn Burke 2018
Buy Without Hesitation here…
Amazon – US | Amazon – UK | Barnes & Noble | Books2Read | iTunes | Kobo | Smashwords
Thank you for joining us here today, Lynn Burke! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.