Today we have author Lori King visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Lori King is the author of more than thirty Amazon best-selling romance novels, as well as a full-time wife and mother of three boys. Although she rarely has time to just enjoy feminine pursuits; at heart she is a hopeless romantic. She spends her days dreaming up Alpha men, and her nights telling their stories. An admitted TV and book junkie, she can be found relaxing with a steamy story, or binging in an entire season of some show online. She gives her parents all the credit for her unique sense of humor and acceptance of all forms of love. There are no two loves alike, but you can love more than one with your whole heart.
* With the motto: Live, Laugh, and Love like today is your only chance, she will continue to write as long as you continue to read. Thank you for taking the time to indulge in a good Happily Ever After with her.
Find Lori King here…
Amazon Author Page | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Website | Storm Corps Series Fan Page | Add to Goodreads
A look into Pieced Together in the Down and Dirty anthology
~ Blurb ~
* Two fractured souls must lean on each other to heal physically and emotionally….
* Karly Stephens got her heart shredded, when the man she thought was supposed to be her forever, cheated on her. To avoid dealing with her tattered life, she threw herself into work.
* Injured and battle-weary Marine, Garret Lole, agonizes when his team deploys overseas without him. When Karly is assigned to be Garret’s nurse, unexpected sparks fly.
* Despite her scarred soul, Karly is drawn to Garret in every possible way. Like puzzle pieces scattered on the floor, they must figure out how to trust in themselves and each other. Picking up the pieces might mean a whole new world for both of them.
~ Excerpt ~
* Karly felt like all the wind had been knocked out of her body. The man in front of her was over six feet of deliciousness wrapped in sexy muscles. His blonde hair curled slightly on top, but he kept it cropped short. It was his green eyes that truly captivated her, and she couldn’t find her voice for a moment.
* “Are you my nurse?” he asked, his deep voice rumbling through her and making her insides shiver.
* Breathlessly she nodded and murmured, “I am.”
* “Damn. If I’d known a bum knee would bring me an angel I would have done it years ago.” He said, cocking his head and letting his eyes roam down her body. “What’s your name?”
* “Karly.” She couldn’t have explained why she responded at all to the rude question, but she was on autopilot. Her body didn’t seem to be responding to anything but him. “Nurse Stephens.”
* “Well Nurse Karly Stephens, I’m Lance Corporal Garrett Lole of the United States Marines and I’m more than happy to make your acquaintance.”
* He reached for her hand, steadying himself on one crutch as he kissed her knuckles his eyes never leaving hers. She could feel the touch of his lips on her skin like a shot to the gut.
* “You’re a Marine?” she repeated, realizing the instant it left her lips that she sounded stupid. “That’s great, my Dad is a Marine. 4th LAAD Battalion. Retired now, but he put in twenty-seven years before his hearing loss kicked him out.”
* “No shit. I’m 4th LAAD Battalion.” Garrett’s eyes lit up and the smile he gave her made her weak kneed.
* “That’s great.” She heard herself repeating, trying to avoid visibly cringing at her own ridiculousness. She never acted like a smitten teenager, she was notorious for being serious and single. Clearing her throat she held up the file in her hands, “Are you going to let me discharge you?”
* “Nurse Karly Stephens, I’ll let you do anything you want with me.” His flirting was making it hard for her to think, and she grew irritated.
* “Well right now, I just want to discharge you so I can go give a strep test to the four year old in the next room before his mom comes looking for me. Sound good?” she told him, stepping around him into the room and putting her file down. “Looks like you’re up for surgery. We can get you scheduled, just stop by the—”
* “Admin office.” He interjected, “Yeah the doc told me that. I was just trying to figure out if the surgery was really necessary or not. I’m supposed to deploy in a few days and I really can’t leave my team hanging.”
* “I’m sure a Marine with a bum knee is exactly what they want in Iraq.” She said, propping her hip against the only countertop in the room.
* “I don’t know that I’ll be in Iraq.”
* “Does it matter? Is there a good place for a Marine with a…” she looked at the paper again, “Handle bar tear to his left meniscus?”
* Garrett’s green eyes shifted from a grassy color to a deep forest green and he gave her a panty dropping grin, “Underneath a nurse named Karly?”
* It was too much. As attractive as he was, she had no interest in being a notch on a bedpost. “No thank you. Now, Dr. Aguiar has prescribed a muscle relaxer and pain meds, here are the instructions on how to take them safely. Please make sure you’re careful, mixing too much of these meds can be very dangerous.”
* “Are you concerned for my safety, Karly?” he asked, moving a little closer. On his crutches, the move was less than seductive, and she giggled.
* “Yes, you’re pretty awkward on those crutches, but don’t worry. After six to eight weeks on them you’ll get the hang of it.”
* “So I’m having surgery then. No possibility of parole?”
* She shook her head, “Nope. Of course, you can get a second opinion, but Dr. Aguiar is the best there is.”
* “Then what the hell is she doing working for the VA?” he asked, taking the papers and folding them in half before he shoved them in his back pocket.
* “She has to do a little charitable work here and there.” Karly responded, winking at him as she moved back around him and opened the door. “Please remember to stop by the admin office.”
* He stood there for a second and then moved into the doorway, pausing before he passed her fully. Reaching out to cup her cheek, he stroked his thumb over her lips. “Until later, Nurse Karly Stephens.”
* She watched him as he made his way down the hallway, his tall form struggling on the crutches as if his muscles couldn’t wait to break free of their confinement. He was as good looking from the back as he was from the front that was for sure, but he was also cocky, and she hated cocky.
* Shutting the door behind her, she hurried off to the next patient, her mind still buzzing with the tempting flirtations of a sexy Marine.
~ Down and Dirty anthology ~
Releases: May 22, 2018 | Publisher: Romance Rebels Publishing | Cover Artist: Sinfully Sweet Designs
* Get in, get down…and get filthy with these sexy, hardworking, blue-collar heroes who don’t mind when things get a little dirty while at work or at play. This collection of 22 brand new stories from USA Today and International Best-Selling authors is full of scorching hot romance tales that will be sure to leave you breathless for more. These men work hard, and play even harder.
* From cops to mechanics, and miners to brewmasters, they aren’t afraid to go all in. At the end of the day, when they find the woman who completes them, they learn that love and life can be just as messy as their day job…and they wouldn’t have it any other way.
* Featuring stories from: Lori King, Maia Dylan, Sarah Marsh, Elena Kincaid, Cecile Tellier, London Saint James, Bella Settara, Rose Nickol, RL Merrill, Ashley Malkin, Lucy Felthouse, Scarlett J. Rose, Sydney Lea, CR Moss, Samantha A. Cole, Danielle James, Ava Campbell, Eva Moore, Kimberlie L. Faye, Sabrina Sol, Nikki Prince, and Mia Hopkins! Visit the Facebook Page
Pre-order the Down and Dirty anthology here…
AMAZON US | AMAZON UK | AMAZON CA | AMAZON AU | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo
Want more by Lori King? Check out her story The Marine’s Seduction…
~ Blurb ~
* Best friends since childhood, Bristol Abbot and Roan Storm wouldn’t dream of mucking up their relationship with sex, until his deployment going away party and too much tequila drive them together.
* Six weeks later, there’s more than just friendship at stake.
* Bristol is pregnant while Roan is stationed overseas for six more months, and neither knows what comes next.
* As the weeks turn into months, their friendship morphs into a shared devotion to their child and each other. Bristol is determined to honor her promise of including Roan in their child’s life, she just has no assumptions of a deeper relationship no matter how much she wants more. For Roan, what once seemed impossible, now feels as necessary as breathing, and he comes home with a new set of orders in mind.
* This Marine has seduction on the brain…
~ Excerpt ~
* “Whose idea was it to get an apartment on the third floor of a building with no fucking elevator?” she groaned, holding her head.
* “If I recall, you wanted this place because of the rooftop deck. Said you could watch the sunrise whenever you wanted like you were on top of the world.”
* “Yes, the roof!” Bristol nodded and clapped her hands excitedly. “Let’s go up there and look at the stars.”
* “You need to get some sleep, B,” he protested as she pulled him through the small apartment to the stairway he knew led above.
* “I will, but we can look at the stars now, then when you’re gone, I’ll think of you every time I look up at them. I’ll know you’re looking at the same stars, thinking of me.”
* Roan knew she probably didn’t intend her words to be so sentimental, but the alcohol was acting like a truth serum, and it shut down her inhibitions. She rarely allowed anyone to see this side of her. Following her up the tiny flight of stairs, he was soon seated on a wooden lounge chair, with her between his legs, her back against his chest, his arms wrapped around her to keep her warm.
* “See, there’s my favorite, Ursa Major, the Big Bear,” she pointed upwards.
* “Isn’t that the Big Dipper?”
* “Yes and no. The Big Dipper is part of the Big Bear, but they’re still two different constellations,” she explained. “My dad taught me that when I was tiny.”
* Her voice was wistful when she spoke of her recently deceased father, and Roan hugged her tighter. Having lost his own mother to uterine cancer when he was eleven, he sympathized with her pain.
* “Roan, how much longer do you think you can take doing these missions?” she asked randomly.
* Stunned silent, he could only shrug behind her.
* “You’ve been gone more than you’ve been home. Don’t you get lonely?”
* “Sure, every Marine gets lonely occasionally, but I’m one of the lucky ones because I get constant contact. You and my family send me packages, letters, and cards, and I can use FaceTime on some missions, Skype on others. There are plenty of guys over there who don’t have access to any of that.”
* “Would you stay if they gave you the option?”
* Roan tensed and frowned down at the top of her head, “What do you mean?”
* “I don’t know. I just hate when you’re gone. My world seems off-kilter somehow.” She sat up abruptly. “I’m like Lucy with no Ethel.”
* “Excuse me?” He felt his eyebrow arch in question. “I am no Ethel. If anyone here is Lucy, it’s me.”
* “Nah, Lucy was always instigating trouble, and Ethel just went along with it.”
* “Which is exactly why I’m the Lucy in this relationship,” Roan laughed. She shivered, and he tugged her back against him. Instead of resuming their spooned position, she lay sideways against him, her shoulder on his chest, her hands dangerously close to forbidden territory. “If you’re cold, we should go back downstairs.”
* “I don’t want to yet. I like having you all to myself,” she sighed and tipped her face up, the pale moonlight barely lighting her face properly. “Have you ever thought about giving it up? The Marines, I mean?”
* “Aw, B, of course, it’s crossed my mind. Every man who’s had to watch a friend die or had to kill someone has second-guessed his career choice, but I was born to be a Marine. Giving it up would be like giving up air. My body just wouldn’t work anymore.”
* She nodded, “I figured you would say something like that.”
* “I always come back.”
Buy The Marine’s Seduction here…
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo
Thank you for joining us here today, Lori King! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your stories.