Today is my release day for To Be Yours!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* An eccentric and eclectic writer, C.R. Moss pens stories for the mainstream and erotic romance markets, giving readers a choice of sweet, savory or spicy reads, usually within a sub-genre or two — paranormal, sci-fi/fantasy, time travel, or western flare. She also has a passion for penning dark fiction. Writing as Casey Moss, she delves into the darker aspects of life in her work, sometimes basing the stories on reality, sometimes on myth. No matter the path, her stories will take you on a journey from the lighthearted paranormal to dark things unspeakable. What waits around the corner? Come explore…
A look into…
~ About the Series ~
* Nestled within the hills of central Texas is a special ranch. A place that defies the laws of physics—that of time, space, and dimensions. It’s a place where normal morphs with the paranormal and supernatural. A place that seems to know what a person’s true desires and needs are, and then allows the right circumstances to occur to fulfill those wishes.
* Welcome to the Gateway Ranch.
* Your gateway to all things possible…
~ About the Book ~
* Katrina Foster has survived a life no one dreams about and most don’t want to know about. Escaping to a ranch in Texas she used to visit during the summers of her childhood and rekindling an old relationship with Dakota Remington, she hopes to leave the nightmare of her past behind her. At first, all seems well, but when strange things begin to happen, she wonders if history’s about to repeat itself.
* Dakota Remington has devoted his life to working at Gateway Ranch. He’s excited when Kat, his former sweetheart, returns and looks forward to reuniting with her. He finds she’s changed, though, and he’s not sure if it’s for the better. But he’s up for the challenge of the puzzle that is Kat.
~ Excerpt ~
* The hard composite of her firearm shifted against her lower back.
* Well, if push comes to shove, I can protect myself. I’ll shoot the bastard if he shows up and tries anything.
* Eventually, her nerves calmed enough so she could move without feeling ill.
* She rose and stripped out of her clothes, put her weapon on the counter, then stepped into the shower. The hard and hot spray beat on her, helping her to feel something other than worry about potential rumors or her ex finding her. Kat bowed her head, placed her hands above the faucets. The water sluiced down her hair, cascaded in wide streams over her back. More time passed. Relaxed and clear headed, she finished her shower and was about to open the door when a thud and click sounded on the other side.
* Gripping the towel wrapped around her body, she snatched her weapon, opened the door, and cautiously looked out into the room.
* Dakota lounged on the bed, one leg bent, his hat propped on that leg’s knee. His hair stuck up in clumpy spikes. He ran a dirty hand through his dark brown locks.
* Kat released a pent-up breath, lowered her weapon, and placed the Glock on a counter next to the bathroom door. “How’d you get in here?”
* Tired eyes gazed at her. “I’m manager on duty while the Taggerts are away, ’member? Got a bunch of master keys.” Dak held up the ring of them. “You okay? When you didn’t come back, I got worried.”
* “I’m fine. I think the humidity got to me. Along with the dirt.”
* “Sure. The humidity. You tell me that you’re afraid a man is going to come after you, or rather us. We hear about the vehicle. You turn white as one of our ghosts and run off. Who was in the car, Kat?”
* “Hell if I know. I’ve been with you all day. I didn’t see the fancy black car or who was in it.”
* “You don’t have a clue as to who was in the car? I’m not buying it.”
* “Buy it or don’t.” She crossed her arms over her stomach. “I really don’t know. It could have been Nero. It could have been his goons. It could have been a neighbor of yours or one of the party guests Kent mentioned. I. Wasn’t. There. I. Didn’t. See.”
* Dakota flung himself off the bed and slammed the hat on his head. “Get dressed. You’ll come with me while I get cleaned up then we’ll go hang out in the rec hall.”
* “You know what, Dak? I appreciate the Boy Scout approach, and how you’re trying to get a merit badge for babysitting, but all I want is to lie down and take a nap.”
* “Kat, please. I’m hot, dirty, and tired. I don’t want to argue.” He strode to the door. “Get dressed so we can get going.” His gaze flashed darkly, roamed over her with an appraising glance. A slow grin tipped up the corner of his lips.
Thank you for joining me here today and celebrating the release of my story, To Be Yours! Be sure to buy a copy now. 😉 I’d super appreciate it. 🙂
Today we have author AJ Locke visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* A.J. Locke is originally from Trinidad and Tobago but has resided in New York City for over ten years. She knew early on that she wanted to be a writer, penned her first novel at fourteen, and hasn’t stopped since. Creating is her passion, and other than writing she enjoys drawing, painting, graphic design, and any other creative whim that may take her.
A look into…
~ Blurb for Affairs of the Dead Book 1 ~
Help ghosts, stop a thief, and try not to die…
Necromancer Selene Vanream helps ghosts settle their affairs so they can move on. But when breaking the rules gets her in trouble, she’s bumped down to tracking ghosts trying to avoid the afterlife. Ghosts like Ethan Lance, who claims he was kicked out of his body when someone else jumped in. Which might be plausible—if such a thing were possible. And if Micah, Selene’s partner, didn’t pull her into an investigation of brutal murders that lead directly back to Ethan.
But when the whole mess puts Selene’s life in danger, she suddenly has very personal reasons to get Ethan’s body back. Between her uncomfortable relationship with Micah, and problems with her boss, Selene learns just how much trouble it can be when you don’t follow the rules…
~ Blurb for Requiem for the Living Book 2 ~
Selene is slowly dying…too bad that’s the least of her problems.
You could say that Selene Vanream has a lot of problems. First there’s the Rot that’s slowly killing her, despite everything Ilyse and Micah are doing to find a way to save her.
Then there’s Andrew, the ghost of her boss who is anchored to the living world. Selene would like to ignore him, but anchored ghosts with unsettled business turn into anchored beasties, so she can’t write him off. The government has sent a team to post up at Affairs of the Dead and keep an eye on her, which includes making sure she plays up to Andrew to keep him from turning.
On top of that, someone is using Selene’s new power to create anchored ghosts for their loved ones to keep around. Not good since the culprit doesn’t have a clue about that whole anchored beastie angle. Now Selene has a criminal to catch while trying to stay out of the hands of government goons who have stripping her reanimation power on their agenda.
When Micah and Ilyse finally find a way to save her, Selene thinks she can cross one bad thing off her list–until she learns the terrible price that must be paid to keep her alive. Full plate doesn’t cover it. Overflowing plate doesn’t cover it. Selene’s plate has damn near exploded.
~ Blurb for The Ravaging In Between Book 3 ~
Sometimes death is only the beginning…
Selene Vanream died—for two minutes. After being revived, she spends over a month in a coma before she awakes, free from the Rot and the reanimation power that caused her so much trouble. No one can explain how Selene survived killing Renton while he possessed her reanimation power, and her reunion with Micah is marred by the choices they each made to save her and stop Renton.
But even though she’s Rot free, she isn’t problem free. First, she no longer has a job at Affairs of the Dead. And Ethan is missing and she can’t track him down. Not only that, ghosts that were sent to the Afterlife with unfinished business have somehow crossed back and are trying to settle the score in violent ways. If that wasn’t enough, Selene discovers that dying briefly has more consequences than she realized, because when she was revived, not all of her came back. Now she’s straddling both the living world and the dead, and she will find out what it means to come back to life but leave part of her soul behind.
~ Blurb for A Torment of Savages Book 4 ~
When your soul isn’t your own, you’ll do anything to get it back.
After months of danger and deadly threats, Selene Vanream finally has some much needed downtime and a chance to focus on mending her relationship with Micah. She’s even accepted a job working for The Paranormal Control Center to quietly resolve issues within the paranormal community. After the supernatural devastation New York City’s been through, quiet resolutions are best.
But peace can’t last forever. As Selene and Kyo’s ghost embark on the search for Kyo’s body, Selene finds out firsthand the violent lengths the dead witches are willing to go to in order to keep their secrets safe. What’s more, a new, dark and deadly being has emerged from the In Between and is turning people into darkness-filled Savages intent on reaping souls until she gets the soul she’s really owed–Selene’s. This new evil is determined to get what she was promised, but not before innocent people pay the price, including someone very near to Selene’s heart.
Now all Selene has to do is find out how her life became a bargaining chip to a psychotic monster, keep the ones she loves from danger, and make sure her soul isn’t ripped from her body and dragged to hell in the process. Some girls have all the fun.
Thank you for joining us here today, AJ Locke! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.