Silver Devils MC, 1
Written by: April Zyon
Published by: Evernight Publishing
All artwork by: Jay Aheer
Evernight Publishing: http://www.evernightpublishing.com/stone-by-april-zyon/
Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0788TCMPV/
Amazon CA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0788TCMPV/
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0788TCMPV/
Amazon Aus: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0788TCMPV/
He’ll do anything to keep her safe…
The last thing that wedding planner Ava Charleston ever dreamed that she would do was run for her life, but here she is, running away from a pair of murderers and back toward a home she hadn’t been to in years.
Stone Mayhew is the president of the Silver Devils, a one percenter motorcycle club, so when a brother receives a call from his cousin Ava begging for help, Stone is one of the first ones there to help his friend.
The moment Stone meets Ava he knows that she is it for him, just like his daddy had told him would happen one day. Stone knows that he will do whatever it takes in order to ensure that Ava remains safe, but he doesn’t realize it will have to happen the second that they arrive back at the Club.
Misunderstandings lead to more danger, and that sends them all to chasing down trouble through the bayous of Louisiana. But once he finds Ava, Stone vows never to let her go again.
When a friend asks you for help the only answer is yes, especially in an MC Club. Of course, I could have told Sarge no. That was one of the perks of being the president of the club, but the fact was that I was curious about this missing family member of Sarge’s, the one that was off limits for discussion. The one that Sarge had told me about one time when he had been too drunk to realize what he was saying. No one was that good. No one had that little malice in their bodies. I knew. I had thought at one time that I had found someone good in the woman that I had been fucking, but Cheryl had turned out to be a bitch. She thought that because I was a biker and my father had been president of the club that she would ride my dick up the ranks and never have to worry about anything.
Too bad for her that I had found out what a complete bitch she was when one of the old ladies had caught her fucking one of the pledges. Cheryl had gone off on the old lady, telling her that because she was fucking me that had her higher in the pecking order and if she didn’t want to cause trouble for her old man she would keep her mouth shut. Too bad for my ex that I had heard her and then saw her as she hit the woman.
Needless to say, the pledge was never found again, and the whore was put into the place she belonged. She was now a dick rider for anyone that wanted her. Sure, I had to see her and she still tried to get me to fall for her tricks, but I never would again. I was not stupid and wouldn’t fall for any bitch’s shit. No, I was not only Stone in name but also in my heart as well. I wasn’t going to blow Sarge’s viewpoint on his cousin, but I just hoped the woman didn’t turn out to be just as shitty as every other woman that I had met in my life.
Even with all of those thoughts rumbling in my mind I knew I couldn’t let Sarge ride alone. Charles, or Sarge as he was called in the club because he was my Sergeant-at-Arms, was as close to me as a brother. Charles and I had been thick as thieves for years, and I had met all of Charles’s family, even Ava’s mother, who actually had been a decent old lady, but I had never met this woman, Ava. So that was what had me on my bike with a dozen of my men and another half dozen pledges. It was time for us to show force and protect one of our own, even if it was a woman.
We met up with the woman in question along the road, and when I first saw her I had to admit I was taken aback. She didn’t look anything at all like Charles. She was fucking stunning. She had thick, long, midnight black hair that curled around her ass. Her eyes were a deep green, and her skin was lightly tanned. I could tell by looking at her that she had been running her hands through that glorious hair, and it made my dick hard. The thought of wrapping my hands in her hair and fucking her from behind instantly popped into my mind, a thought I shouldn’t have about a brother’s family. And then she spoke. Hell, the woman’s voice was like angels singing, if I believed in such fucking things anymore.
“Charlie!” She called to Sarge and flung herself at him. For the first time in a long time, I felt like punching the man and had no idea why. This reaction was insane, and I didn’t understand it all. I could tell that the woman was surprised by the number of bikers that had surrounded her in the small turnoff that Sarge had told her to take, but she only moved closer to her cousin. “When you said gang, I thought you were kidding,” she whispered to her cousin, words that were caught by every man present.
I had enough and stood. Approaching Sarge and the woman, Ava, I said, “Well, we’re more like a brotherhood.” I offered my tattooed hand to her. “I’m Stone Mayhew, President of the Silver Devils, and you are now officially under our protection.”
I didn’t offer my protection lightly, but I did to her willingly, easily. When she placed her hand in mine the shock was immediate. I had heard my old man talking about this, heard the whispers from some of the older generation of men that were still there and married with old ladies. The ones that were faithful old bastards but still as badass today as they were back when they were taking turns on jobs. Her hand was soft, that was the second thing I noticed, and she looked me in the eyes, not something a lot of people did.
“Nice to meet you, Stone,” she said and then smiled up at me. She hugged me then, taking all of them by surprise. I heard a couple of my men slide their pieces from their holsters and Sarge’s immediate pissed off growl to those men.
“Holster your fucking weapons. She’s just a goddamn hugger, you idiots.” Leave it to Sarge to put a name to what the woman was doing. When she pulled back she looked shocked however.
“You have guns and knives on you.” She had looked up at me as she asked me that question and quickly raced back to her cousin, and the relative safety she thought she had there. If only she knew just how deadly her cousin was.
“Yes, we all have weapons on us, Kitten. We aren’t a damn knitting club. We are an MC club, and we’re a one percenter club at that. That means that we take no fucking shit from anyone, which is why Sarge told you to get your sweet ass down here double time.” I knew I was being a dick, but I had to put distance between myself and the woman because I wanted her, in a big way.
I watched her bristle under the use of the name Kitten and smiled when she volleyed back with her next words, “Well, how was I to know that you didn’t belong to a knitting club? You look like you could do a double stitch with the best of them. After all, I’m assuming that those vests aren’t picked up at Wal-Mart, so someone has to have some kind of talent.”
Well, good for her, she could stand up for herself. Her words had me fighting a smile, but Sarge just snickered, damn him.
“That’s what the pledges are for.” Sarge waved to a couple of the men and then told her, “This is Kenny and Baxter. They’re going to take your SUV, cuz, and I’m taking you.” He wrapped a protective arm around her and hugged her to his side, giving me a hard look. “Unless that’s an issue?”
“Nope, not with me,” I said and held up his hands and went back to my bike. There was an issue, the fact that I wanted to have her riding behind me and not behind Sarge. “Let’s get moving. I’m sending Tuba, Vax, and Bird to her place in New York. Kitten, pass your house keys over to the boys so that they can pack your shit and put it in a moving van to head out when the pledges get there.”
“My name is Ava. Please don’t call me Kitten again? I dislike that from people that don’t even know me, yet.”
Oh, I would use it all right, but when I did I would be balls deep inside of her little pussy. Fuck, I hadn’t meant to go there again. I shouldn’t be thinking about my friend’s family like that.
“Sarge.” I warned my friend to get her in line, hoping he would.
“Okay, cuz, let’s get on my bike and get moving. Thanks, Prez,” Sarge said to me and nodded once as they walked past me to Sarge’s bike. It was comical watching Sarge trying to help her onto the back of his bike, but once she was up there she looked like she was born to ride bitch on the back of a bike. God dammit, the woman was giving me blue balls and killing me with just how good she looked. I kicked my bike’s kickstand. Once I got on it and we all got moving, I was able to watch her as she rode behind her cousin. At first, she was tentative and clung to Sarge’s middle, the lucky fuck, but then she let go and had her hands out with a gleeful laugh that made me ache to be the one to introduce her to riding.
Fuck, this was not going to work. I didn’t know what it was about the woman, but I was drawn to her, far too much.
Enter to win…
Would you like to win a Stone mug, 8×12 canvas print of Stone, 2018 calendar and other goodies? If so, SHARE this post, tag me in it and comment. That’s it. 🙂
Today we have author April Zyon visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Best selling author April Zyon is a wife and mother with a full time job. She is a hopeless romantic and a reality TV junkie.
* April always has some sort of story going on in her mind, constantly scribbling notes in a memo pad she carries everywhere with her. April spends every possible moment that she has available to write, doing just that, writing. She writes everything from modern day cowboys to futuristic aliens.
* One thing that is always constant with April’s works, the men are Alpha, the women are soft and loving and there is always a HEA with lots of twists and turns. I love creating worlds for these men and women to live and love in and adore hearing from my readers as well.
* April has been blessed to work with some amazing publishers, and has been publishing for five years in November of 2016.
* (ps – did you know April Zyon started as Honor James?)
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* Gabriella Moreno was just a job, in and out to gain the objective, the death of her father. She turned out to be far more than that to Tobias Casey, however, from the moment he laid his hands on her too hot for words body.
* Gabriella had just come home from a two-year stint abroad. The first night home she snuck out, never dreaming for even a moment anyone would be stupid enough to take her. Boy, was she wrong.
* Faced with brutal truths, Gabbie followed her gut, and her heart, which, it seemed, all led to one place, Tobias. The heat of her homeland was nothing compared to the touch of this man. In his arms, she found something she had craved all her life, the other half of her soul.
* Yet, how can she ignore the fact that the man who owns her heart is also the man who wants to take the last of her family?
~ Excerpt ~
* Another day, another dollar. Only these days, Tobias and his team were getting paid a hell of a lot more than they had been in the military. Now they could set their own fees for doing the jobs that no one else wanted to do, or maybe couldn’t do, since they did on rare occasion work for their government’s shadier sectors. But there was no oversight, no backseat driving, and they paid big to get shit done.
* Their current operation was one they’d been working on for nearly three weeks now with no success. The first week had been recon, getting oriented, and making sure they had their exits memorized for when they achieved their strike.
* The only thing was, as they’d discovered during week two, the target they were after didn’t ever leave his super secure compound. Not that Tobias could blame the guy. Their target was a dictator, an arms dealer, a drug dealer, and a mass murderer. There were people worldwide hoping that Tobias’ team finally managed to do what no one else had to date.
* Now it was week three and they were still watching the compound to figure out their way in. Or as Tobias was beginning to believe would be easier, how to get the asshole to come out. They’d tried forty different ways to infiltrate the compound. None had worked. Which actually made sense, given the target, Juan Moreno, or Senor X as they referred to him over com, had hired himself an ex-Special Forces soldier to be the head of his security. Tran Quan was American born but had ties to the Yakuza. Extra weight to be brought to bear should it be requested.
* Taking a small drink from his canteen, Tobias ignored the sweat trickling down his spine. His attention was locked on a small group of vehicles approaching the compound. Binoculars up, he brought the lead car into focus and easily recognized one of Moreno’s drivers. His attention moving to the second car, he was surprised to see Quan in the front passenger seat. The man was normally glued to Moreno’s side so to see him out without Moreno… this was big.
* “Ripper, we have four cars approaching the compound. I need to know who exits the second car once they stop inside. Get pictures.”
* “Roger that, Rogue.”
* Ripper and Cherry were up on the mountain using some seriously high-powered tools to stare down into the compound. Their position was treacherous since they were, literally, dangling off the face of that mountain. One wrong move and they’d be headed straight down toward death.
* “They’re turning toward the gate now. Not stopping either, they’ve been waved right through,” Tobias reported. The gates slid shut but not before he spotted a slender leg wearing a dainty shoe at the end slipping out of the door being opened by a guard. Instantly, he felt his gut clench in need to see the body went with that limb.
* A soft whistle came through the com. “Damn, she’s fucking hot. Think she’s banging senor X?” Herc asked.
* “Too young for him, you oaf,” Cherry said.
* “Like that would stop the old fucker. We all know he doesn’t care about age. One of the reasons why we’re here to see him shot,” Herc told her. “Personally, it’s my only reason to see his head explode under the impact of my bullet.”
* “Cut the chatter. Tell me you have photos for everyone that came in those vehicles.”
* “Confirmed,” Ripper said.
* “Good, get your asses down from there. Scout will be here to relieve me soon, then we need to get back and review everything.” Tobias was hopeful that somewhere in those photos he might find a way to pull Moreno away from his security blanket.
* * * * *
* “It’s his daughter, Gabriella Moreno.” Rainer said. His words had everyone’s attention. Tobias couldn’t figure out who was more shocked. Turning in his seat Rainer shook his head. “I had to dig, and dig deep. The old man has her buried.”
* “Makes sense,” Winston muttered. “She’s his Achilles.”
* He was right. “We need to keep eyes on her. If we get the opportunity, she’ll be the one we grab. I have a feeling that even with all his enemies gunning for him, he’ll do anything to protect her.” All they had to do was get their hands on her and use her to bait Senor X.
* Picking up the picture Rainer had printed out Tobias stared at it. It wasn’t a shot from the compound but one he’d pulled from social media. Gabriella had her head tipped back, laughing at something or someone. She looked carefree and totally at ease. Young, too.
* The young woman was just over five foot three inches but those come fuck me heels made her closer to five feet seven, she was thin but not waiflike like so many of the women today. Her hair however, was a riot of auburn red curls that seemed to have a mind of their own, and she didn’t bother trying to tame them. Which said something about the woman herself. She might not have the largest breasts that he had seen in his life but hers seemed to work her body perfectly, like a perfect handful, that distracted him completely.
* “We need everything on her from birth until the moment she went through those gates, Rainer. Leave no stone unturned. I think we’ve just found our hot button for daddy Moreno. We grab her and he’ll deliver himself right to us.”
* “You sure you want to do that, boss?” Cherilyn asked. At his sharp look, she held up her hands. “I’m down with it, but even if she does leave the compound, you know she’ll have a taskforce worth of guards with her. No way is Moreno letting her out in this country without protection up the ass.”
* “And we’ll be ready for that. Our best shot will be if she goes into the city. It’ll allow us to blend in and when the time’s right, grab her up.” At Cherilyn’s snort, Tobias turned a glare on her. “What?”
* “Dude, no offense or nothing, but you do not blend.”
* Rainer was shaking his head. “I have to agree with her, boss. You tend to stick out.”
* “I can blend just fine, I’ll have you know.”
* “You keep thinking that. In the meantime, I think I’ll update the other boys and we can add their hilarity to the vote count against you.” Cherilyn patted his chest, walked past, and promptly burst out in laughter.
* “I can and will fire your ass,” Tobias called after her.
* “No, you won’t,” she bellowed back.
* No, he wouldn’t, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t think about it, in great detail.
Thank you for joining us here today, April Zyon! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.