Today we have author Ann Crawford visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I’m a fun-loving, world-traveling, high-flying, deep-diving, and living-to-the-max author of eight books. When I’m not flying planes, scuba diving, climbing every mountain (on the back of my husband’s motorcycle) or riding the world’s fastest roller coasters, you can find me in my writing nest with a view of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains out the window. I’ve lived all over–from both oceans white with foam, to the prairie, and now to the mountain. Yes, a little backwards, but what the hey.
* My bestselling and award-winning novels go as high and deep as I do—they’re profound yet funny; playful although poignant; heart-opening and heart-lifting; thought-provoking and inspiring; and edgy while universal. I’m also a screenwriter and award-winning filmmaker and humanitarian.
Today Ann Crawford will be talking about the best and worst pieces of writing advice she’s ever received.
* Well, the worst advice is easy: someone once told me to “Grow up!” and get a real, “practical” job, and give up this being-a-writer dream. Ugh! If I was writing books and people were saying, “Have you considered bagging groceries at Safeway instead?” I might consider giving it up. Well, I take that back—I write because I love it and I have to…it’s just who I am and what I do. So even if my books didn’t appeal to anyone else, I’d still write. But I do get great accolades from readers, reviewers, and award-givers, so I’m delighted it’s all working out.
* That unsolicited advice was so crazy awful! And he was a person of influence in my life. If I hadn’t been so driven, come from a highly creative family where such “crazy” pursuits were the norm (although so was keeping the day job until the creative pursuit could pay the way), and been so stubborn by nature, he might have decimated that dream. I wrote him a long letter telling him how wrong he was and to never dash someone’s goals like that. He later said, “Well, I guess you’ll show me.” Check!
* The best advice is also easy: “Keep writing!” Included in that would be “the seat of the pants to the seat of the chair” at a prescheduled, uninterruptible time and preferably behind a closed door…a playlist for each book (actually, that’s mine—no one ever suggested that to me but it works really, really well; the music becomes Pavlovian after a while, automatically dropping me into the world of the book)…and, well, if that’s where the joy is, nothing’s going to stop it.
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* Love to laugh? You’ll enjoy this feel-good tale.
* A starbeing skyrockets to Earth from the other side of forever with a specific assignment: to help steer humanity away from the collision course it’s on. But we all know how travel can get drastically diverted–instead of landing in Washington, D.C., where she could assist on a grand geopolitical scale, she ends up in…Kansas!
* Wrong place, right time? Join our shero on this whimsical journey as she pursues her purpose as well as discovers the beauty of life and love on Earth.
~ Excerpt ~
* She catches a glimpse of herself in the full-length mirror and lets out a gasp of surprise. She looks down at her body and then back at her reflection. She turns to the right, then to the left, then even more to the right, and then even more to the left.
* She gazes at her long limbs and then at the gentle curves and soft swells with interesting shapes, patterns and varying colors. She’d seen the human form during her training, but it’s quite different seeing it in person, literally, as a person.
* This vehicle is amazingly beautiful!
* The morning starlight casts her in a golden glow. She turns and looks over her shoulder to see the back of her in the mirror. Her long, light-brown-colored hair falls down her back like a veil.
* It’s one thing to study human beings. It’s a whole other thing altogether to be encased in this gorgeous piece of Creation.
* She wanders down the hall to the bathroom. She examines the tub and the faucets, remembering coming across such objects in her Googling and Youtubing. She starts filling the tub, adjusting the temperature to something that feels good, and climbs in.
* Holy Heaven!
* Not only is the water pressing against her, head to toe, a sensory pleasure in itself, she also runs her hands over this luscious body thing of hers. Nothing in her eternal life had ever felt like this. “Ahhhhhhhhhh!”
Buy Fresh off the Starship here…
Amazon – US
Find Ann Crawford here…
Amazon Author Page | Facebook | Goodreads | Instagram | LinkedIn | Pinterest | Twitter | Website
Thank you for joining us here today, Ann Crawford! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Ann Crawford will be awarding a $25 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour. So be sure to leave a comment AND use this RAFFLECOPTER LINK to enter the drawing. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!
9 thoughts on “Welcome to Ann Crawford w/ ‘Fresh off the Starship’ @ann_crawford1 @GoddessFish #WomensFiction #SciFi #Humor”
Thanks for hosting!
I appreciate you taking the time to give us a great book description and giveaway as well. Thank you so much!
How many drafts did the story go through before it was published?
Hi Bernard. This one came together so quickly…it took just 3 drafts. 🙂
Sounds like a good read.
Sounds very interesting! Thanks for sharing 🙂
This sounds hilarious and fun!! I can’t wait to read this!!
Hi, everyone. Thanks so much for your lovely comments and thank you Casey’s Corner for hosting. I was coming back from a retreat and got held up by the tornadoes, so thank you for your patience with me taking so long to comment. Cheers to all!