Today we have author Lindsay McKenna visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Lindsay McKenna is the pseudonym of award-winning author Eileen Nauman. With more than 135 titles to her credit and approximately 23 million books sold in 33 countries worldwide, Lindsay is one of the most distinguished authors in the women’s fiction genre. She is the recipient of many awards, including six RT Book Reviews awards (including best military romance author) and an RT Book Reviews Career Achievement Award. In 1999, foreseeing the emergence of ebooks, she became the first bestselling women’s fiction author to exclusively release a new title digitally. In recognition of her status as one of the originators of the military adventure/romance genre, Lindsay is affectionately known as “The Top Gun of Women’s Military Fiction.” Lindsay comes by her military knowledge and interest honestly—by continuing a family tradition of serving in the U.S. Navy. Her father, who served on a destroyer in the Pacific theater during World War II, instilled a strong sense of patriotism and duty in his daughter.
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* From the moment Roan Taggart picked up the pretty redhead at the Jackson Hole airport, his training and experience told him she was spooked. She’s left New York City to visit the Wind River Ranch, where Roan is a wrangler, and just as he can pick up a horse’s mood, he can feel the tension coming off her body. And that vulnerability is triggering all his protective instincts . . .
* Shiloh Gallagher likes the gray-eyed cowboy’s dry humor—and the Special Forces background that lends him a stoic, powerful presence. But she’s been scarred by trauma and her mother’s murder . . . and knows a strong man can be dangerous. She came to wide-open Wyoming to flee a threat that’s left her unable to write her novels. Now, as she rides horses with Roan and helps him build an isolated cabin, she’s slowly letting down her guard. But danger has followed her west, and they won’t have a future together unless they defeat a killer from her past . . .
~ Excerpt ~
* “Doesn’t it bother you that I’m leaving in a month? It bothers the hell out of me.”
* “Sure it does, but I don’t see it as the end of anything. It’s just distance,” he said. “There are airplanes. You could come out here for a visit.”
* “Or you could fly in and visit me?” She saw him grimace, understanding he didn’t like big cities.
* “I would,” he said, holding her gaze.
* She felt his words in her heart, which was opening widely to him. “I believe you. I can’t promise you where this will go, Roan.”
* “I’m not asking that of you. All I need to know is that you’re not going to let fear stop you from exploring me, finding out who I am. Discovering what we may have together.”
* Giving him a wry look, Shiloh said, “I think you’re forcing me to look at myself, what I want, who I am.”
* “Good relationships always do that for both people, Darlin’. It’s just a natural progression between them. It can bring out self-awareness. It’s not easy. But it’s rewarding. None of us were born to live alone or be alone. It’s natural to evolve into relationships, whether it’s in business, friendship, or on a more intimate and personal level.”
* Shiloh stood up. “Then,” she said in a low voice, holding his eyes, “I want to know you, Roan. All of you.”
* He stood and held her softened gaze. Slipping his hand into hers, he dug into her wide green eyes. “And I’ve been wanting to know you ever since I laid eyes on you for the first time at the airport, Shiloh.”
Buy Wind River Wrangler here…
Thank you for joining us here today, Lindsay McKenna! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Lindsay McKenna will be awarding a digital copy of Wind River Wrangler to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use this RAFFLECOPTER LINK to enter the drawing. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!