Today we have author Rosemary A. Johns visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* ROSEMARY A JOHNS is a traditionally published author of short stories under the name R. A. Johns. She is the author of Blood Dragons the compelling first instalment of the Rebel Vampires series.
* Rosemary A Johns wrote her first fantasy novel at the age of ten, when she discovered the weird worlds inside her head were more exciting than double swimming. Since then she’s studied history at Oxford University, run a theatre company (her critically acclaimed plays have been described as “uncomfortable, unsettling and uneasily true to life”), and worked with disability charities.
* When Rosemary’s not falling in love with the rebels fighting their way onto the page, she heads the Oxford writing group Dreaming Spires.
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* WELCOME TO THE BLOOD CLUB
* Light is a Rocker Blood Lifer with a talent for remembering things. He’s meant to be the predator. It’s been that way since Victorian times. But not now. Not since someone hunted him. Enslaved him. Ripped out his fangs. Who are these ruthless humans? Who’s their violent leader? And who betrayed the secret of the Blood Lifer world?
* WHERE THE PREDATORS
* London, Primrose Hill. Grayse is the commanding but alluring slaver’s daughter. The enemy. She buys Light, like he’s a pair of designer shoes. So why does Light feel so drawn to her? Especially when his family is still in chains. Will he risk everything – even his new love – to save them?
* BECOME THE PREY
* Does a chilling conspiracy lie behind it all? A stunning revelation leads Light to an inconceivable truth. If he can face his worst terrors, he can save his family and his whole species from slavery.
* Maybe he can even save himself.
* The third book in the series, BLOOD RENEGADES, will be out Spring 2017
~ Excerpt ~
* ‘London’s not yours.’
* I stiffened. ‘The Lost have walked these streets as long as you humans,’ I whispered, low and intense, ‘which makes them ours, as much as yours.’
* I might as well have clouted you. You drew back, with a shiver. ‘You hunt here – parasitically. But England? The world? It belongs to us. You’re just…’
* ‘Parasites?’ I offered. You didn’t even have the decency to look away.
* ‘These are my streets,’ you tapped the sticky table for emphasis, in a boozer, street, postcode you’d never have ventured into, if it hadn’t been for me.
* I took a drag of my e-cig. ‘Over hundred and fifty years says different, sweetheart.’
* You wore that narked expression, which I’d hoped we’d left behind for the night. ‘My home. Not yours.’
* ‘Any reason it can’t be both?’
* ‘On account of you’re…’ You stopped yourself, pushing your Guinness away with a jerky shove. Your shoulders slumped. You finished softly, ‘…not human.’
* ‘Right. Because I’d missed that.’ I took a mouthful of nuts, munching thoughtfully. You’d withdrawn hermit-crab like, your hair falling in two curtains over your mug. ‘There were humans once, who thought like you, the last time a Blood Lifer had the courage to reveal himself to a First Lifer. It was one of my ancestors. A man of reason, in an age of superstition. He reckoned our two species could live out in the open – side by side – so I was told. These First Lifers? They thought he was the devil.’ You’d raised your nut. I could see your peepers – dark grey now – through the veil of your hair.
* ‘They burnt him.’
Buy Blood Shackles here…
Amazon THE BOOK WILL BE $0.99 DURING THE TOUR
Find Rosemary A. Johns here…
Facebook | Goodreads | Google+ | UK LinkedIn | UK Pinterest | Twitter | Website | To sign up to Rosemary A Johns’ VIP Email Newsletter with news of hot releases, promotions and the free short story “All the Tin Soldiers”, click here: Newsletter
Thank you for joining us here today, Rosemary A. Johns! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Rosemary A. Johns says, “One randomly chosen winner via rafflecopter will win a $50 Amazon/BN.com gift card!” So be sure to leave a comment AND use this RAFFLECOPTER LINK to enter the drawing. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!